1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Double Auto's for SALE--NICE!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by boomer, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

A pair of Browning Double auto's for sale. Maybe the best handling auto shotgun ever made! A Twelvette bored IC with vent rib and a Twentyweight vent rib bored Mod. Both are in exc. shape with buttplates. Original finish with perfect bores and mechanics. Buy the pair delivered lower 48 for $1375. Email above address for pix or call 609-658-7739

2. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sold--pending receipt of funds!

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Holy s**t, I called you just a bit ago for info but I guess I was too late in under five hours of the post. I bet somebody is happy tonight. Please tell me that the Twelvette was Dragon Black with gold. Great guns at a great price, well done.
    Doug

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Hey, Doug......yes, it is.......just like it's twin sister at my house that it will soon be bonding with....LOL!!!!

Ken

5. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Ken, well done. I just told my wife that it is moments just like this why I check this and other sites so often. I have all the colors except Autumn Brown in the Double Auto line. Lets see some pics so we can see how good of a deal that you just got!
    Doug

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Doug...can you post them if I email them to you? I've tried in the past and am not able to do it. What's your email?

Ken

7. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

What do you think?

Ken

8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Ken, I think you did very well. I paid $650 for my Twelvette that is exactly like the one you just bought but a bit more used. I bought my Twentyweight for $800 and it is 100% and unfired BUT no vent rib. Of the 65,000 Double Autos made I have been told that about 25% had vent ribs. That puts me at $1450.00 for comparable stuff and these guns were bought over the last few years. The only negative I saw with the top gun in the photo, which I believe is the Twelvette, was that I don't think it has the original buttplate. It seems to have thickness at the top and bottom making a bit of a curve. Compare it to the buttplate of the bottom gun in the pic and I think you will see they are different. There were two buttplates produced on the DA over its life. From the start 1955 to about 1965 the plate had a profile of John Browning in which only one of his eyes can be seen. The later version had a pic of Browning but in this one it is more of a frontal view in which both eyes can be seen. The plates are often referred to as 1 eye or 2 eyed. I took the plate off of my Twelvette 26" IC like yours and put a small black pad on it. It is my upland game gun here in Ohio. They look great!
    Doug

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I noticed the buttplate as well, but am not overly concerned about it. I have a Twelvette in about the same condition with a 30" full, vent rib barrel. I also have a Twentyweight with the same 28" modified, vent rib barrel as the one in this pair, and while it is in very good shape, I don't think it's quite as nice as this one. A good friend of mine also just sent me a pair of the original action proving black dummy shells that came with these guns when they were new. My dad bought a Twntyweight new with 2 barrels in the late 50's and shot it for many years. That's how I became familiar with the guns originally.

Ken

10. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Ken, I am a third generation Double Auto man. My Grandfather bought a trap Twelvette in 1961, which my Dad used growing up and still has today. It was neat that you brought up the Dummy rounds that came with the DA when new. A buddy just picked up two for me this weekend at the Ohio Gun Collectors Assc. show. One of these is marked "DUMMY" and not "Double Automatic by Browning" like the rest of the ones I have in my collection. Have you seen any like this?
    Doug

11. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

No, I've never seen one marked "DUMMY" except for the one in your picture. The one's dad had and the ones I have are the "Double Auto" marked ones.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning double auto shotgun for sale

browning double auto twentyweight
browning double automatic collectors
browning double automatic for sale
browning double automatic twentyweight
browning twelvette buttplate
double auto for sale
vent rib double auto