1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Double Automatic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dbl Auto, Feb 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

TS.com, after snow blowing all eve I find myself in the need for some cheering up. Anybody have any Browning Double Auto stories or pics to share? Here is one of my favorites. Grant will be the fourth generation to use the family Browning Double Auto bought in 1960ish.
    Doug Allison

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Cheer up!! I spent the last hour of daylight this aft pulling snow off the roof w/ a snow rake!!

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

No pics but I just fitted a new buttstock to one (steel reciever) a pal had inherited. I've never shot one before but plan on shooting this one when the weather warms up.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I've got a few extra barrels for one.. Mo vent ribs.. but I think a few 29.6" full chokes.. maybe one with a Cutts.. and 1 polychoke..

5. Guy

Guy Member

I've got a 1953 gun that I've owned for 15 years and never shot....but that will end tomorrow.....we're going to kill some pheasants.

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

WGH, does your forend have exposed rivots at the rear of the forend? If so it is a fisrt year gun which was 1953. Is it in blued steel of satin grey?
    Doug Allison

7. anglia1

anglia1 Member

Perazzibigbore I would be interested in your barrels, email me with contact info. Thanks Don

8. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

I was just sorting some old documents for destruction and found a letter from old guy who was just coming to the end of a fine shooting life as I was starting out. The first time I ever saw him was shooting skeet with a 2 shot browning that was made out of a light metal...not steel (I think aluminium but don't want to stick my neck out). He had a poly-choke on the gun, and I now know he had added weight to make it balanced for him at 8.5lb. He was shooting gun-down and was amazing quick on the outgoers, and lazy slow on the incomers...the targets just vapourised and he made it look sooooooo easy. At a time when the 'big boys' were shooting K32's, B2G's, and Rottweil 72's this old coot was still grindin'em'up with an old 2 shot...first time I realised it was 'the indian...' Cheers-Graham.

9. Guy

Guy Member

DblAuto: Mine has the rivets on the forward end of the forend....it is rust blued steel, original buttplate, round knob, choked .31, plain barrel with what almost looks like a rifle sight. Someone added a thin coat of varnish sometime, I think. My Browning book says 2nd year production....serial number 6000 even.

I bought it from an old guy that needed the money a long time ago. I'm not attached to it one way or the other.....if it means something to one of you, I will sell it.....but you might wait 'till I see if it works tomorrow....if I stone a few though, may have to reconsider.

10. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Browning Double Autos handle extremely well. It will surely stone those pheasants. They are light and trim to carry and the safety location is the best ever for a semi-auto. I'm betting you will keep it! AND 2 shots are plenty.....

11. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

WGH, a first year gun would look like this one for sale on gunsamerica. I hope you had fun with the DA.
    Doug Allison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.