1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Double Auto/Weenies

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kiwiG, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Guys, Has anyone with a Double Auto tried 1oz or 7/8oz shells? Did the gun still cycle reliably? Thanks in advance-Graham.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

remington game loads 1oz 1290fps works my browning gold just fine. With the gas piston for light loads installed.

3. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Double Autos do not have gas pistons. They are a short recoil operating gun. They will def. work with lighter loads of an oz. 7/8 might be pushing it, unless it's a hot one at 1300 FPS. These are greatly under appreciated guns and perhaps the best balanced autos ever made. Slim and trim, they are natural pointers. The Twentyweight guns are light and will punish you with heavy loads. Great walking/carrying guns for hunting.

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I agree that they are very well balanced good pointing guns and the trigger is the best on any semi-auto that I have tried, crisp and consistent. I shoot one ounce reloads at about 1200 fps with no cycling issues on any of the three Double Autos that I have.

5. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Thanks guys. I have the chance to buy a very tidy gun with 2 barrels for a great price, but it's no bargain if it won't cycle reliably with shells of 1oz(or less) which are compulsory at gun clubs here in New Zealand. Thanks again-Graham.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.