1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning dbl auto?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sterlingworth, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

In looking at different adds for dbl autos,they are listed as twelvette and some are listed as twenty weight. What is the difference between them? Is one a steel receiver and the other aluminum? I dont know and dont want make a mistake. Help..Thank you for any and all info. Ray

2. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Both are alloy receivers. The TwentyWeight is lighter in weight than the Twelvette and came only with 26 1/2" barrels both plain and ribbed. In my opinion the Twelvette is better balanced and handles better of the two. My TwentyWeight weighs 6lb. 6oz. with VR bbl and the Twelvette 6lb. 13 1/2oz. with 26" IC VR bbl.

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Ray, I put a couple of mine on the scale and got similar results as ou.3200. My steel DA came in at 7 lbs 7 oz with a 28" plain bbl. The literature from back in the day on the Twentyweight says not to feed it a steady diet of heavy loads. The recoil would deter this anyway, but I don't know if they felt it could be an issue. The Twelvette was by far the most popular and most common. A black or grey one can be had for around $500 for a shooter. Greens and browns in high condition can bring a grand or more. They are great upland guns IMO. My Father has his Father's DA trap gun that was bought new in 1961. It is on it fourth generation of shooters without one single issue. I love the left side speed load feature and sliding safety, some don't. It is a very left hand friendly semi auto which is perfect for me.
    Doug Allison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.