1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dale in CA, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dale in CA

Dale in CA TS Member

I recently had a chance to shoot a browning cynergy sporting and it felt good and shot good.So i am woundering if any one could tell me if they are as reliable as my old citori.I have heard rumors about them having a lot of issue with triggers and such and no one around to repair them.I dont want to get stuck with a gun i cant get repaired very easily then i just may go get a used beretta sporting from some one on here and not have any worries. Becouse i do shoot enough that reliablty is a concern. Thanks in advance Dale.

2. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

I have 3 Cynergys and the only complaint I have is that the trigger pull is a little heavy and somewhat spongy.

There was a guy on Shotgunworld forum who explained just how to fix this, but I am afraid to get into it.

I have shot all of mine several thousand times at skeet.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

had my triggers lightened by a local gunsmith

Cynergy's arent as good as a krieghoff but they are a major improvement over a Citori (which isnt a bad gun)

regards from Iowa

Gene

4. JRW

JRW Member

I just bought my 4th one 3 S/C models and now the Trap O/U. I have had no trigger issues. My oldest one was purchased at the last Grand in Ohio. A guess at the rounds through it would total 15-18,000. Jerry

5. warren

warren Member

I'm very curious as to what is the major improvement over Citori, does it kick less or better balanced or what. Thanks

warren

6. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

SOme are having good luck with Cynergys. Many are having problems as is typical with any new gun design. There will be bugs and Browning will eventually work them out. I dont think the current design will enjoy the same longevity as the Citori. The gunsmith are happy couse it gives them another gun to fix on. I dont know a gunsmith that is overly impressed with the design. I like the Axel striker hammers. I think its a cool design, if Browning can make them work right. One buddy of mine has had his in for repair 3 times and it still doubles. Good Shooting, Todd

7. AEP

AEP Member

0 Problems with mine. I like the gun. It isn't a Kolar, but neither is the price. The triggers STINK. They are set heavy from the factory and Brpwning will not reduce the trigger pull.

I'm the one who wrote the article on how to reduce the trigger pull. I wish I knew how to post pictures. It is a simple operation.

The Cynergy is a good solid gun. I think you will enjoy it.

Andy from California

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 2 Cynergy Sporting and no trouble. The Cynergy feel well balance and nice tight lock up.
    The trigger my be a little heavy for some people. I would like it lighter if I could get someone to do it.
    One of my Cynergy was a Browning Demo in 2004. It was one if the first one out. The gun had been shot but not much when I got it. I have put many thousands of round though it. The only problem that some Early Cynergy had was the forearm could crack. My did and Browning replaced it for free. Beside that they are good reliable guns.

9. shootsome

shootsome Member

I shoot a Cynergy Trap Combo. Great gun. Have had no problems with it. Trigger pull is a little heavier than I like. Browning will not reduce it. They told me it would void my warranty if I reduced the trigger pull. Can't say that would be a big loss. I shot a Citori for years and didn't like the trigger on that either. I don't think Browning feels trigger pull is important.

10. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

After you shoot a gun with a good trigger on it you can see where Browning don't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning cynergy longevity
browning cynergy repair

browning cynergy tight