1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Recoil Problems, Apr 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Problems

Recoil Problems TS Member

There is now a Cynergy Trap Combo on the market but I read very little about it on this site. Can any one tell us about it.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

A shooter at my club has the combo set. Once he set it up for him it was a target smoker. Too new to comment on long term reliability. At around $4900 msrp it looks like a winner. If I was in the market for a combo set I'd be on the Cynergy combo in a heartbeat.

Eric

3. sstella

sstella TS Member

I bought one in December. Just started shooting it well. It took some time and experimentation to get it tuned in to my style of shooting. I like the gun for singles and for doubles if its tuned correctly no problems. I have noticed the un single is lighter than the double which is causing some problems with my swinging of the gun. i tend to over swing. I will try to add some weight to the barrel to compensate for this. Over all I like the gun.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear BigBore

Be warned. They are not a gun to wring out, then send back!!

I bought a 30" Sporter for a knockabout backup that I could take to Colorado Springs this fall with a team in training and leave my high grade K-Gun in the safe.

Yeah, Right! The Cynergy handles amazingly well, and has taken the place of my Krieghoff as my primary Bunker gun. It is WAY more than I expected, even from Browning. I performed warranty service and repair for Browning, back in the Stone Age.

Recoil, with 24 gram Bunker loads, is negligible, and feels like a 20 gauge Tube gun!

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I wanted a Browning Cynergy Trap combo also, but could not get one to see. I look at the Classic Cynergy trap nice, but to much like my sporter. So I got a Beretta Joel Etchen 687 combo set and could not be happer with it.

I think I would of got the Cynergy Trap combo if I could see one frist. That did not happen and I'm not looking back.

6. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

If the trap combo is as good as the Cynergy Sporting,32", o/u that I have been shooting for about a year, it has got to be a great gun.There is minimal recoil, great balance,excellent finish and it seems to be mechanically flawless.I have put about 8500 rounds through it,without a hiccup.I have been using Diana grade chokes, full,modified, improved modified and skeet and all have worked very well. About 3 months ago,I started using only a full choke, no matter the yardage at which I am shooting. Because I am forced to concentrate more and thus be more precise in my shooting (when using full) my scores have gone up dramatically. Would I love to own a really high end trap gun? You bet I would. Am I extremely happy with the Cynergy? You bet I am!

7. Shooting Coach

Dear Stan

I hear you on the chokes. I use SK/SK for that "other" game, and F/F for everything else.

Full chokes kick butt!

8. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I've got mine ordered.

9. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Dear Shooting Coach...I agree. Are you shooting a Cynergy ?

10. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Sorry Shooting Coach...Had I read through the entire thread, I would have known that you are using the Cynergy.

11. Shooting Coach

I bought the Cynergy for a low priced backup I would not mind shipping to Colorade Springs this fall. When the K-80 needs service, it goes to Ottsville for 2 weeks. I needed something to shoot then, too.

The Cynergy turned out to be so well balanced and lively, along with having virtually no recoil, that I have made it my primary Bunker gun.

For the money, it is one of the best bargains on the market.

Dear BigBore. I already have one $30K shotgun. I do not like to ship it and will not fly with it. I have it insured, but I have shot it long enough to have developed a sentimental attachment to it.

I am sure you know what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.