1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BROWNING CYNERGY, XT, OR BERETTA 682???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Sep 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Primary targets are 16yd. singles. Thoughts on which one of the above guns you would choose and why? If they were all the same price.

2. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I'd choose the 682. XT is a good gun, but Browning service just plain sucks! Cynergy doesnt feel right to me, hard to find a release trigger for(may not be an issue to you), and we're back to the poor service again. Wife has the
    XT, had problems with it right out of the box, 16 weeks at the factory came back with the forearm damaged. Browning stated it was shipped to them that way NOT!....Buddy has a Cynergy, adjustable rib mount broke, factory said it wasnt warranty and they would not fix it. They offered a new barrel for >$1200.
    I currently have a 680....(pre 682). Has been great! Wouldnt hesitate to get another Beretta. Hope this helps.

3. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

Beretta all the way for me. Never had a service issue so can't comment, but after mounting and swinging both guns....
    The Browning felt heavy and thick too me. YMMV

ps: I do have an older BT-99 Plus that is terrific, but we are speaking of O/Us.

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Browning XT is a great gun but, i think the Beretta 682 is easyier to control and swing. JMO Joe joe90t

5. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I started out with a 686 but found the heavier XT more to my liking.

Never picked up a Cynergy so I don't know.

6. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

For 16 yds only - the 32" unsingle that comes with the Cynergy trap combo would be my choice.

7. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Beretta 682 is hard to beat.I don't remember ever seeing a loose 682.Brownings are good guns but loosen up faster than I like.Also you can swap barrels on a 682 without a gunsmith fitting them.

8. tomc66

tomc66 Member

Check out the 687 that Joel Etchen sells. They are made to his specifications but use the 682 frame and mechanicals. Good value and nice looking gun.

9. tincanman

tincanman Member

Beretta service is better. I've shot all 3 and have owned a Cynergy and a 682. There's not that much difference in quality between the 3. The Cynergy might have the lowest resale so unless you really like it, I'd narrow it down to the XT and the 682.

I'd say the XT is probably a heavier gun with less felt recoil.

Demo if you can.

10. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Sounds like the 682 is a great gun! I have owned Brownings all my life with only one Beretta in my safe for duck hunting Pintail ES100 and it is a great gun. Just thought I would check with some others on feedback about Beretta Trap gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta 682 or browning cynergy
beretta 682 vs browning cynergy

browning cynergy vs beretta 682

browning cynergy vs beretta 682 gold
cynergy beretta
cynergy trap vs beretta 682 trap shotguns