1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy , whats the problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rrose, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrose

rrose TS Member

I now have a Cynergy that I like much better than my Custom stocked XT.
    I don't think I have ever heard from some one that actually owned a Cynergy of problems, I have seen several people that know some one that knows some one that knows some one of problems that happened on the first ones out 4-5 years ago but everyone that owns one now seems verry happy with it. The felt recoil is much reduced and it just seems easier to me to shoot well but that may be just becasue of how it fits me. I really like the low profile receiver. The triggers are great and lock time is very fast but no one has been able to do release for them yet. I plan on getting an Unsingle combo as soon as I can raise the funds. If you are anywhere close to Cincinnati you are welcome to shoot mine to see if you like it but it is not for sale.
    Randy

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think the Cynergy unsingle combo is a real attractive gun @ $4300

3. BMC

BMC Member

I believe what you are experiencing is simply the lack of Cynergys around to (1) try out and (2)..buy. I have yet to see one in person. The local gun shop doesn't have one, never seen one at the range and our range gets tons of shooters. I'd love to see and shoot one.

4. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

I have been shooting a Browning Cynergy, 2006 model, 32", Adjustable comb, Sporting model since June of 2007. It has the Cynergy recoil pad that many later models don't have.I love my gun! It is one of the best balanced, smoothest shooting, lowest recoil guns I have ever come across.I have allowed several shooters who have expressed curiosity about the gun on seeing it, to shoot it. Two of them have gone out and bought one and share my love for the gun. The only "problem" that I have had with it is that the trigger guard loosened up about three weeks ago. A 5mm, t-handle, 9.5" length Allen wrench allowed the removal of the stock from the receiver and a 1/2 turn of the then exposed Allen screw on the guard, using the tiny wrench that came with the gun, solved the problem. The gun is as solid as a rock and as dependable as the sun rising in the East. My only regret? The combo wasn't on the market when I bought mine. Had it been, I would have bought that. Most of the criticism that I have heard leveled against the gun has to do with the fact that it does not have the looks of a traditional gun. Neither does a Mach One, an Infinity or any other of a number of limited production, craftsmen made trap guns. Unfortunately, there are a lot of "gun snobs" out there who simply don't like Browning or anything new and innovative.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Thurman Gobel in Ohio can install a release in it , call him at 419-675-3164.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I have the Browing cynergy combo trap special since May of this year. I have shot appoximately 3500 rounds through it.I have had no problem's with it what so ever. I highly recommend you to try one out you will not be dissapointed

7. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Able has the combo at $3999.99...on their site...lb

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I last checked able ammo and they where out of stock, just checked and found them to be restocked per web site. The problem I think is. BROWNING!!!!!!!! They sat they are going to come out with a item. OK it then takes them so long and in limitted supply. I think what has happened is Browning has seen the success the XT combo that guns unlimited put out. Now another problem is you will not find many dealers stocking anything like this. Here in the north east very few dealers aer stocking anything. Heck I would not even know about the XT combo if it where not for TS.com. Also there was not much that I heard about

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

jonP can you post pics so others can keep an eye out. Winchester select traps went through a crack phase. From what I hear its been fixed????

10. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

I had a 32" sporting for a couple months. I loved the way the gun felt with the low receiver. It did seem to have lower perceived recoil compared to the 525s which was very much appreciated. The only 2 problems I had with the gun were: finish- first time it rained out on the course, the oil soaked up water and gave the stock a milky sheen over the walnut. Easy enough fix, take it apart and apply multiple coats of Tru-Oil. Triggers- never did get this one figured out and is what caused me to trade it. For some reason on the second shot the trigger would get stiff and hard to pull. I slap the trigger and get used to a pull weight. Never had a problems with the first shot, but that second one got stiff! Probably around 10 or 11 pounds of pull to make it go bang. Took apart several times to thoroughly clean and oil and it would start again within a box or so of shells. The biggest problem, it didn't do it all the time, just every once in awhile. Anyhow, went back to a 391 and saving for a Perrazi.

11. bird_buster

bird_buster TS Member

Any one ever purchase anything from Able Ammo? I am seriously considering one of the Cynergy Combo's and can't find one anywhere in my area. I want to business with good people, no hassles.

12. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I had the opertunity to shoot one of the new Cynergy Unsingles the other night and found it to be very soft shooting. The gun is quick to point without being lively. All-in-all, it was a very pleasant gun to shoot. Now if they'd offer it without all of those unnecessary holes in the barrel.

ec90t

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The Cynergy is another undervalued gun from the reliable folks at Browning. Fabulous firearm!

14. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Indiana Gun Club has a few Combo's in stock. But if you look Browning has just posted a price increase and I'm sure Able's will be changing their advertised price to compensate.

15. bird_buster

bird_buster TS Member

I went for it. Got it at last years pricing and can't wait for it to arrive. Really seems like a nice gun for money. Thanks for the feedback.

16. Frye

Frye TS Member

THERE YA GO!!! I considered the Cynery Unsingle before I decided on the XT. I looked at, and shot both. Cynergy handled like a dream, I really liked it. The choice was very tough but I decided to stick with what I already had been shooting and went with the XT. No regrets!! When considering either one, I don't think a wrong choice can be made. Congrats on the new toy.. Let us know what you think of it..
    Frye

17. shrek

shrek Active Member

I tried a cynergy trap version once, I really really liked everything about it, except the comb on the stock just did not work for me, it was painful, now if they offered the trap version with a flat topped comb I would have one.

18. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I spoke to a Browning sales rep at a distributor/dealer show several
    months ago. He stated, the Cynergy has been a big disappointment for
    Browning. He said the gun has fallen far short of sales forcasts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy problems

browning cynergy recall
browning cynergy sporting problems
browning cynergy trap combo ejector problems
cyergy classic trap problems
problems with browning cynergy
shooting the browning cynergy
synergy trap problems