1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy Unsingle

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pairaway, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pairaway

pairaway TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Has anyone seen one of these guns? Has the Cynergy been a good shotgun in general? Which would be better the GU unsingle combo or the new gun?
    Thanks ahead of time.
  2. cynergystan

cynergystan TS Member

Apr 11, 2007
    As you can tell from the "moniker", I am a Cynergy fan. The gun has been virtually perfect for me. It is relatively soft shooting, well balanced, solid as a rock and a pleasure to shoot. If you do any doubles(trap, skeet, sporting, continental) you should know it has about the fastest lockup time of any o/u on the market. As far as the unsingle is concerned, I called browning to see if the could provide me an unsingle barrel. Tragically, they said NO. As a combo, I don't see how you could beat it for anywhere near the money.
  3. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Jan 29, 1998

I am also planning on buying a 687 unsingle combo in May. Joel will be set up at the Keystone Open in Elysburg. I thought this would give me a chance to try one out and then then decide on which one I wanted.

Have you had any problems to this date with your 687? I've been shooting a 682X for quite some time and thought it was time for a change. With not owning a single barrel for quite some time I am concerned about getting used to it.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Nashville Tn
    I am so happy with my "backup" Cynergy Sporter, I fear an Unsingle Combo will follow me home when they are readily available.

These are high speed guns.
  5. sstella

sstella TS Member

Aug 3, 2006
    I bought a Cynergy Combo in Dec. of this year. Its a great gun just need to learn how to shoot it better. I was a little disapointed at the lack of instructions on setting the POI but got over it and tuned it in to shoot like the double set of barrels. I seem to be getting better target breaks using the double set. I think its the added weight of the extra barell. I may add a weight to slow the swing of the un single. All in all I think its a great gun for the money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy unsingle barrel