1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy UNSINGLE!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by oletymer, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oletymer

oletymer Member

Browning lists o/u trap cynery models for 2007. John, opinions are personal preference. After buy the wood Cynergy sporting I sold my Citori. The Citori felt like a club in comparison. But that is my opinion, again personal preference.
    Karl

2. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Most running thier mouth have never shot a cynergy. Good let them miss out on advancement in gun design. I don`t see to many rabbit ear shotguns out there now...I`m sure some idiot didn`t like guns without them then too.

3. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

The Cynergy shares some engineering ideas with the Flodman/Caprinus O/U which is now made on a custom order basis in Sweden at about 4-8 times the price of the Cynergy. The new Cynergy Trap model with it's mechanical triggers intrigues me....might have to test drive one.

4. claybuster77

claybuster77 Member

SkipC, what's with all the paranoia. I don't see where cbxchris personally called you an idiot. I think he was just making a generalization about the neysayers of the Cynergy's design. Time for a chill pill dude.--Dan--

5. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I am not a big fan of the Cynergy's sculptured stock myself but the fact that the knuckle and concave of the forened is reversed from that on a more traditional shotgun intrigues me. What is the lock-up like? Does it allow for a shallower receiver than the traditional Browning underlocks?

6. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

How long will a Cynergy survive 30K+ firings a year? cls

7. trap4u2

trap4u2 Member

Any pics available? Joe B.

8. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

I happen to like the way it looks, but frankly that's all I know about it. cls

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Somebody told me that the Cynergy was supposed to kick less. Hardest kicking shotgun I have ever fired it even kicks harder then a winchester 101. POS as far as I am concerned. Browning is trying to catch a few fish with their new "Lure". Sorry but this shooter has his clothes on and I know what recoil is and when I am being taken for a ride. I see fire sales on these within the next two years. Just like the fire sales on the Recoiless and the BT-99 Plus. If history is any indicator you investers should stock up on Cynergys as Recoiless and Bt-99 plus have more demand now then when they were being produced. Same thing with Bt-100's now that I think about it. Wait until they clear then out though. I suspect the sale price on these will be in the 799 to 849 range. Ten years from now they will be worth 1800 or so if history is an indicater. On the other hand the Bt-99 Plus and Bt-100 were great guns and the Cynergy points like 2x4 and kicks like an HR single shot. Soy beans and pork belly's might be better options.... Jeff

10. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Browning to it's design team.... What we want is something...... UGLY! Yea! Ugly!! But wait.... Not only do we want it ugly we want it to look gooooofy toooooo!! Yea!! Then I want you guys to use up all those left over blanks from the whole 325, 425 fiasco..... We still have 40 thousand of those blanks we bought when we tried out the whole affirmative action thing. I guess a blind wood buyer wasn't the best choice! Now... I also want it to kick real HARD!!!
    The average shooter equates recoil with value!! After all, If it kicks this hard it must be good!! Now.. We don't want anything that will hold together. Our staff in the shop are backed up 12 months already and the people are used to it so.. If it really doesn't work to well that's OK as long as we make an extra 300 a gun fixing stuff that isn't"Covered" by the warranty... Jeff

11. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Super Jeff,

If there's any rational thinking in this world, you would have to be correct. I've always thought this gun was the "Aztek SUV" of shotguns.

Problem is...the world isn't full of rational people...but it is full of suburban once-a-year pheasant hunters who have been "away from the sport for a while" and need a gun for next month's trip...and hey, that new offering from Browning sure looks sharp, doesn't it? It's within the amount my wife will allow me to spend...and "I hear it has all the latest technology" (plunks credit card down on the Dick's Sporting Goods counter...)

What follows is a Completely Fabricated & Dramatized internal Browning Marketing discussion...any similarity to actual persons or conversations is purely unintentional (but intentionally un-flattering):

"Sure, the hard-core trapshooting guys won't go for it...but they're mostly retired or almost-retired old farts who trade the same used guns back and forth over and over anyway, and we've lost a bundle trying to market guns toward those guys over the last 2 decades...most of our attempts in that direction ended up being fire-saled, while the guys who had the money to spend decided to spend it on Perazzis/Ljutics/Kolars instead. We need a less-discriminating buyer...there's lots of casual pheasant hunters out there who want an O/U and shop at places like Dick's...let's make our pitch at those guys...and experience shows if we create a "Trap Version," we can lengthen our catalog by one page & probably snooker in a few beginner clay shooters, too..."

(Incidentally...how do you like the name "Cynergy?" Is that a Vice-President of Beancounting product name or what? "Instead of offering multiple products styled for different market regions, we'll develop a single product designed to have aesthetic appeal in all geographic regions, to take advantage of our marketing SYNERGIES in different regions of the world...we'll call it CYNERGY...")

IMO, things like this are the gun world's equivalent of Saturn or Hyundai cars...aimed at purchasers who aren't really "car people," they just want something with a New Warranty & don't want to feel like they got shafted on the deal. They find a product that solves their problem & plunk down the plastic...then head over to pick up an iPod for the kids, and be home for dinner with honey by 5.

...but hey, maybe I'm all wet...heck, we could see the All-Americans shooting these next year (not). The guys at Indiana Gun Club tell me they have indeed been selling these things...not to trapshooters to use as trap guns, but selling them none the less.

I figure, if people will buy an Aztek SUV...then they will probably buy anything, this gun included.

12. Loyac

Loyac Member

Modernism breeds fundamentalism... Always has and always will. May you all have a GREAT new year. John

13. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

...Can't buy it, huh?

Hmm...maybe I better break out my crooked tongue, go back to edit my post, & see if I can slip the phrase "Marketing Test Balloon" in there somewhere?

14. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Wow seems a lot of people get all worked up over a shotgun design. To each his own. I personally find the cynergy the lightest recoiling O/U I`ve tried.I`ve got all kinds of O/U`s. Some very expensive and some not.I`m not brand or model partial.

15. JRW

JRW Member

cbxchris; Thank you. I bought mine to shoot sporting clays and skeet. For me it does what I want it to do. The recoil is not excessive and allows me to pocket my hulls. It is alot like the debate you get when talking Ford or Chevy. Happy New Year Jerry

16. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Come on guys, no picture yet?
    -Trappy

17. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

...it broke the camera.

18. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

Oh I see, my mistake.
    -Trappy

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Cynergy, maybe. Aztek....Bleeeeaaaagghhhh!

HM

20. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Thank you Jeff, I know that this site will give me at least one good laugh per day. I shot two stations with one when they first came out. Told the guy to hand me back my OLD UGLY USED MX-8 please. AJ100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning cynergy unsingle trap

caprinus shotgun