1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning cynergy unsingle trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrod350, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrod350

jrod350 TS Member

has any one shot these guns im thinking of buying one any input on likes or dislikes good or bad would help me........thankx.......jeff

2. RobPete

RobPete Member

A guy at one of the clubs that I shoot at just bought one. He seemed to do really well with it. I like that the unsingle rib is adjustable at both ends. This allows the whole plane of the rib to be raised/lowered....not just the poi. It's also a very light recoiling gun. You can't go wrong with a Browning.

He bought it at Hi Grade Shooters. He said he got a deal on it, but didn't say an amount.

3. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I know a guy who sold a K80 (don't know the reason) and bought one and he crushes handicap targets with it.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

A friend has one and shoots it well. I like the XT better, just dont like the looks of the cynergy

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I don't care for the XT or the Cynergy unsingles because there adjustable ribs are not that good. A wide spread problem with both is they come loose all the time.

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They are not compitition ready, bad triggers, rib, comb hardware.

7. 1dudley

1dudley Member

goose2 indicates the ribs become loose on the cynergy and the XT unsingles. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Doug.....

8. philk

philk Member

I have never had a rib loosening problem on my combo. Some people apparently just don`t know how to tighten a screw. Trigger pulls are an issue with some guys I`ve talked to but both my trap combo and euro sporting break clean at 4 1/2lbs. This is a simple thing to fix anyway, even guys shooting P`s and K`s get trigger work done to suit themselves. Also I have not had a comb loosening problem but did see an XT at a shoot that was driveing a guy nuts. When I had Rods put on an adj. butt plate I just had him install different comb hardware that looked just like the factory stuff on my BT99+, just to make sure.

One item that did loosen up on both guns were the two small screws that hold the forearm metal to the wood. They had something on the threads to lock them but it did not work. Simply clean the threads out and a very small drop of Loctite, can`t remember if I used 242 or 222, fixed it.

I am just getting back in to the game after a 17 year layoff. For some reason I figured I needed a new gun. It was a pretty easy transition from the BT99+, love that gun, to the Cynergy unsingle. IMHO about the best bang for the buck you can get in a trap gun. Looks are pretty subjective but I like it.

I have been going to Niles, MI for practice on Wed. night and anybody that wants to try it out is more than welcome. Phil.

9. J. Slimmstone

J. Slimmstone Member

If you think you may need a release trigger or want a precision fit stock on it don't waste your money because they are not available. Someone may come back and say you can get a release for them. Check with the big names in triggers,Allem,Spears,Phillip. Other than that they perform well. The adjustable rib is great. XT trap combo with unsingle from Guns Unlimited would be a better choice. J

10. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

I have the gun that Shannon391 had, I know that he had a number of issues with the gun, and from what I have ready, its correct that you can not put a release trigger on one. I have not had a problem with the adjustable comb, or the ribs POI moving on me. I don't know if they have fixed the problem before I got the gun or not. But I love mine!

Deb

11. AEP

AEP Member

Ibought one back in June/July. It shoots great. I am just a Sunday trap shooter shooting aprox 150 rounds a week. I break 23-24, and sometimes 25 average per week. I would not hesitate on buying another Cenergy Trap Combo. Being a Sunday only shooter I could not justify a Kolar or a K-80, and since I'm married I do like to sleep indoors. I wanted a combo and for the price I don't think you can go wrong.

I will admit the trigger sucks. I wrote an article on how to get the trigger down to 3 lbs.

Just remember it's not the gun its the shooter. Buy what you like. there are many guns out there that break targets.

Good Luck,
    Andy

12. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

One other problem you will have is if you alter the trigger your warranty is shot. Browning says sorry thanks for buying are gun but your warranty is null and void. That brings up another point doesn't it. Browning customer service also sucks. If it were me I would make sure I got a hell of a deal on it before I purchased it.
    I about forgot. I know a gunsmith in Utah that has made a lot of money at the shoots fixing there poor ass design on the comb and the rib. If you don't believe it then look him up and give him a call.

13. GIV1911

GIV1911 TS Member

I've had my cynergy combo for 10 monthes I've had to tighten the screws on the comb and the forearm. The only other problem has been feeding it 8700 rounds and counting, I junked the green case and ordered a nice americase last month I think I'll keep this for a while. Bryan

14. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Deb,

I glad you like your gun, But for the price of a new combo, I like the CG much better.

Please don't let my opinion cloud your view on the gun, if it feel good and you shoot it well then it's a good gun. If we all had the same taste we would all wear the same brand of shoes and drive the same cars.

15. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Most would!

16. willing

willing Member

I've had the XT Combo unsingle for almost 3 yrs. I use locktite on the rib. I also had the trigger lightened to about 3#, my preference. Great gun for the bucks. The rib is the same as the Cynergy, probably the trigger is similar.
    Bill

17. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

The triggers are not similar. The cynergy uses mechanical triggers which to date there is not the release trigger option.

18. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

I own a Cynergy Classic Unsingle combo bought it new in Febuary. My opinion I would not purchase the gun again. I have had several issues mainly the triggers mine is a heavy 7 lb creep. The triggers have costed me several birds. When I first purchased the gun I was on fire with it but the more I shot the gun the more issues I have found. The comb and rib were a issue at first but that was a fairly quick fix [good old lock tite]

I have added a Kick Eze recoil pad and will have the triggers done next week. I have put over 6000 rounds through it and the triggers have not gotten any better. I will continue to work with the gun until I get it perfected to me or I just break down and buy a CG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

adjustable ribs spread

browning cynergy forearm problem

browning xt unsingle adjustable rib screws

cynergy trap unsingle

fore arm screws for browning cynergy

unsingletrapguns