1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by csjr, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csjr

csjr TS Member

I have been eyeballing the Browning Cynergy Trap combo and was wondering what people that own/shot one think about it.

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I did not care for the one I owned for a week. The trigger was set at 7lbs with much creep. The rib on the unsingle kept coming loose. The Comb hardware is rinky-dink.

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I traded for a CG combo and I think it is twice the value.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Just got one here about a week ago, My Son shot it and Loves it, very fast Triggers, Low profile reciever, Moves ( swings great ) and this is comming from a Guy that has owned, Silver seitz, Kolar Perazzi, Krieghoff, the only draw back is if you are a release Shooter, No ons has taken the time and effort to come up with a Release as of yet..... But I am sure that they will as soon as there are enough request for a Release.....

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Very Funny Shannon must have been typing at the same time as I, this just goes to show you the differance in opinions that you will get here on TS.com LOL LOL LOL
    The best thing to do is decide for yourself, by trial and error........

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I don't think you will see any All Americans shooting one soon. Hope it works out. I was excited at first.

7. Buckdeerdown

Buckdeerdown TS Member

I was shooting a Winchester 101 3 barrel for about 6 months before switching to the Cynergy Trap Combo (34"/32") about 3 months ago. I bought the gun in between events and decided to shoot practice with it while I was waithing. I shot my first 99 ever with it right out of the box and have not looked backed!!! My scores have gone up across the board but way up in doubles due to the ease of swing. I have had a few minor issues that were corrected with ease. The rib on my unsingle also came loose but was corrected with 2 new screws and lock washers from browning ( $20.00) and I have had a few misfires with Gunclubs but none with STS shells. The trigger pull is heavy from the factory but mine had been worked on and are pulling 3.7 and 3.8 and are fast and crisp. I know there are mixed reviews from folks out there shooting this gun but I have not looked back since buying it. Jason

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

All cynergys have the same action and all are known for the poor trigger pull-- but that can be fixed

Gene

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I can't believe browning charges $20 for hardware to fix their $4,500 TARGET gun rib.

As far as the trigger goes, after many years they should know better.

10. shooter 50

shooter 50 TS Member

I have had one for about a year. It works for me really well. I have shot two 100 straight's with it in handicap.
    Jim Kennedy,New Mexico

11. Ron Duvall

Ron Duvall TS Member

I also own a Cynergy unsingle combo and really like the gun and by trial and error have it set up the way I like it. Big issue with mine I have a damaged ejector.

I sent the barrel back to Browning and they will not fix the ejector or sell me the $17.00 part too fix the ejector. Be careful what you do with the gun Browning has several normal wear parts that are listed as factory install only. If you modify the gun [ remove sizing cone] Browning will not repair or sell the parts.

Ron D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cynergy barrel repair