1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy Surprise

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shooting Coach, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I shot my new Cynergy 30" Sporter again today. I shot a little trap, and 3 rounds of Bunker. I only missed two on the Bunker field. I am very surprised and impressed at the way this newest Browning shoots. After about 500 rounds, it is silky smooth in operation.

If I had not shot one first, I would have never bought it for a backup. Now, I may need to make this my primary Bunker gun, and leave the K-gun for ATA and Skeet.

As I mentioned on an earlier post, the garish recoil pad really works. The Sporter shoots about the same POI as my K-80 set up for Bunker, around 60/40.

For the money, this gun is one of the best deals on the market.

2. Shooting Coach

I had heard Browning "pushed the envelope" on this gun. According to patent law, one can use 85% of a patented feature, as long as the other 15% is a little different. Browning may or may not have to pay royalties.

In the meantime, this is turning out to be a delightful target cruncher that shoots and handles all out of proportion to its modest price.

Typically Browning.;^)

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The gun has not been a good seller. Plus there was a major recall right after it was introduced. Consequently, there are a lot of them available at deep discounts, a great opportunity to own an excellent gun at a reasonable price.

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

dickgtax, where did you spot those with deep discounts? I've always felt, with the quick hammer/striker design it would be great gun for doubles. Hap

5. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

CDNN Investments in Abilene TX has a ton of Cynergys on close out.

6. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

No quality complaints, although I thought it was a little on the light side. I don't think I'd like to use it for singles or handicap for all-day shooting. Definitely a departure from the Citori.

It did balance nicely, and the one I tried was very well built.

Best,
    Dennis

7. Hap MecTweaks

Duckman, all I could find there were gun parts? Did you have to call them? Thanks.

Dennis, how much did the one you tried weigh and which model was it, length of barrel etc.? Thanks guys. Hap

8. Shooting Coach

The rather excessive looking recoil pad really tames the recoil. In addition, I added an eight ounce recoil reducer in the stock before I shot this particular gun. I did this more for balance than anything else. I like an O/U to balance pretty close to the hinge.

I thought the liveliness of the gun due to its weight might help while chasing the elusive Bunker target. It seems to do very well at that most delightful sport.

It seems Browning has a heavy investment in the Cynergy. There are a ton of different models out, including an Unsingle combo, that, if not available now, is in the works.

9. Hap MecTweaks

I did a little searching and found this combo. Great looking combo for 4 Gs

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=013269l.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Weighs about 9 pounds, 30 inch o/u and 34 inch unsingle, I can always add weight! Hap

10. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

Hap, it was a Synergy Classic Trap, 30" bbls. Browning lists the wt. as 8 lb, 13 oz. It sure seemed lighter. The Citori shows 8 lb, 11 oz. It may have been the balance. The Synergy seemed so much lighter.

The fellow who owns the gun said it was completely factory original.

Best,
    Dennis

11. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Hap: I saw several on Gunsamerica.com for under $ 1,800. I saw a couple at Gander Mountain, and Tron had a used one here for $ 1,650. I'm talking about the sporting model, not the field model, which is $800 to $900 cheaper.

12. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks guys!! Hap

13. Shooting Coach

As a shooter, I was surprised at the Cynergy for its feel, liveliness, precise barrel regulation, and general fit for the price of the firearm.

As one who used to perform warranty service and repair for Browning (picture the Maytag man!), I expected this newer generation of firearm to have Browning excellence!

14. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The phone number for CDNN is 800-588-9500. You have call them read the ad in Shotgun News. Ask for Marshall.

15. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

We just received a 34/32 combo at the shop. Call us if your interested 717-273-6572

Jeff Graupp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.