1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy shotguns, good or bad opinion??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by william miller, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william miller

william miller TS Member

What is the general opinion of the Browning Cynergy shotgun; good or bad opinions??? Also, know anyone who does release triggers for a Cynergy?

2. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Some think there neater than sliced bread. Others think a Mossberg is better. Just what I have gathered some of there triggers are not to good and the resale is in the tank. Go figure

3. GW22

GW22 Active Member

"Triggers are not to good and the resale is in the tank."

That pretty much sums it up. The good news is that if you can shoot one before buying and make sure you definitely like it, you'll likely be able to get a deal because demand is low.

-Gary

4. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

They are fine shotguns that have a nice slim & lively feel. The triggers are about what you'd expect from a gun costing less than $2500, they are mechanical though. I've owned 3 and liked all of them with a 32" 20 gauge being my favorite.

I sold all of them to pursue the idea of shooting "just one gun" when I purchase my Blaser F3 (another gun that people love or hate). I really like my Blaser but, I have no problem recommending the Cynergy.

The "problem" with the Cynergy is their apperance. If its not a Citori, guys HATE them.

5. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Mooster: Blasers and Cynergys, huh? What are ya, the Sultan of bad resale value or something?

-Gary :p

6. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

I had one of the original 30" sporting guns with the inflex recoil pad.

It was incredibly tight. I greased the Hell out of it every time I shot it and when the forend split @ 3,000 rounds it wasn't broken in yet.

I wouldn't buy another one.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Most ugly gun Browning ever made

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

The gunsmith at an authorized Browning repair station told me the Cynergy was about par with a Ruger Red Label.

9. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I like the guns. They pattern nice, shoot straight, are reliable and I like the balance way better than the Citori. Not clubby like the other Brownings and not as whippy as the Beretta 680 series. Some think they're ugle, so Browning basically pretty'd it up and called it a 725.

10. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Had several back when they came out. I had a couple with decent triggers. Others needed a gorilla to pull them. I thought they handled well. The recoil pads does work. Personally I would not want another for competition purposes. If ya find a deal they are worth the right money.

11. johnpe

johnpe Member

I won one of the Sporting models with 30 inch barrels in about 2004. The wood was/is something to swoon over, but that thing they call a recoil pad was a real put off. I shot it from time to time and found I could shoot it pretty good. Almost all of my shooting is sporting clays. After a couple of years, I decided to give it a thorough try. I shoot it better than any of my other O/U guns. Now to address the triggers as mentioned above. After about 7,000 or so shells, it began to double and I had Feland fix it. Trigger pulls were and always have been great. After another 8-10,000 rounds or so it began to double again. I had Feland work his magic again and to date - after a bunch more rounds, they are working OK. Bottom line. I regret that I hesitated to give it a good workout and lost the first years of shooting it. To put its use into perspective, I put probably an average of 7-8,000 rounds per year through it. The other 7-8,000 rounds per year are devided up between other O/U's, especially a couple of Rem. M32 trap guns, and a couple of SX-1's.

Johnpe

12. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have 3 of them. They are very good guns for the money.

13. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

CubanCigar, You can't make a statement that they're the ugliest gun Browning ever made and expect that to be a reason to avoid them.

If that was the case, Krieghoff would have never sold a single gun. UGLY doesn't come close to describing a K gun!

14. AEP

AEP Member

I own a Cynergy Combo. They are a fine gun. I also own a Kolar. Yes I like the Kolar better. Maybe because it costs more. The Cynergy is well made the triggers suck. Very hard pull. That's the way the Browning atorneys want it. The triggers can be fixed to be at 3 - 3.5 lb pull. If I was to do it again I would be tempted to buy a Browning and have someone fit a stock to me. I would have no problem putting a fitted stock on a Cynergy.

I think the resale value has come up some. At least the trap combo. There are quite a few very good 27 yard shooters at a club I belong to that shoot nothing but the Cynergy trap combos. They do quite well.

I agree with one post. If you don't like the look of the gun you are about to purchase, Browning, Kolar, Perazzi, etc. you will never shoot it well.

The Cynergy is better than the Ruger Red Label.

Good luck in your choice.

Andy P.

15. scorpman

scorpman Member

I like mine and it is the Satin Composite version. The only black gun in the rack at my small club. I've never shot any expensive guns as this is my first O/U so I cannot compare it to much of anything. I only put about 1500 rounds a year through my gun and have yet to break a 25, but the Cynergy has aways done it's part. I'm just a weekend fun shooter and not an ATA member. I like the look of it and since it can take up to 3 1/2" shells in my version, it is a multipurpose gun for me and I can take it out for geese or turkeys if I want and not worry about damaging a stock worth a ton of $$$. Being an average working guy I had a budget and the Cynergy fit the bill. I was able to get it a few years ago when they had the promotional rebate where they sent you a hat, soft case, hard case, range bag, and $100 check. All that for $1400 I think was a good deal.

16. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have had several over the last 5 years, 2 trap combos and 3 sporting versions and have liked every one of them. I have never had a problem with any of them and the triggers have been fine on all. I have also found that I could switch barrels between them sometimes with no adjustments and others with a 5 minute adjustment to the forearm. You have to try one your self and see if youy like it. It seems to be a gun that you either like a lot or not at all. I like them a lot. I also had 2 xt'x one with a cutom made stock and the other with a PFS and I like the cynergy better than either of them. Try one your self to see what you think before you listem to opinions. good luck. randy

17. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I shoot a Classic Trap, and have several friends who shoot combos. We all prefer the Cynergy over the Citori. To me, it just fits and feels better. The nose of the comb of a Citori is too far forward for me, and digs into the ball of my thumb. The Cynergy seems to have it a little shorter (further back), with a longer wrist on the buttstock, so my hand has a more natural grip, without having to curl my wrist out to avoid the comb. One of my friends bought a high end Perazzi combo, sold his Cynergy combo, then found he shot the Cynergy better, and bought another Cynergy combo. He shoots both pretty well, but I think he does better with the Cynergy.

I keep hearing that Cynergys all have terrible triggers, but have yet to find one. I know that mine is lighter and feels better than the Citori I used to shoot. As a matter of fact, the first I heard of the bad trigger story was when I was told my gun had a terrible trigger by a know-it-all at a shoot. He then asked me how I liked it? I had to tell him that I had never been aware of the trigger when shooting, so it must be okay!

Release triggers can be put in the Cynergy by Gordie Keller, in Duncan, British Columbia. You can reach him at 250 710 5926. He has done several around here, with everyone being very pleased with the job.

18. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    When the Cynergy first came out all of the offerings had the extreme "Euro" styling. I think it's unnecessary and ugly. Took a look at the website, and see a lot more traditional stocks being offered now.

Even Remington has embraced the Euro look with their new Versa Max, even exaggerating the sloped trigger guard even more than the Cynergy. I don't like the Versa Max styling and it dawned on me that it almost appears that Remington copied the Cynergy style.

View attachment 201376

View attachment 201377

They're both fugly. Not my cup of tea.

The only exception in the bunch might be the Cynergy Dove Satin in .410. It looks slim and trim, and has more traditional stocks on it. Given the price, I think I'd rather get an 870 or 1100 in .410.

View attachment 201378

19. DelarockX

DelarockX TS Member

I have no problems with my gun. I've been considering upgrading for a very long time, but it comes down to the fact that my gun does its job every time. I have something to shoot with, anything more is really just a luxury.

I specifically chose the composite stock (I think that's my gun in the top pic) because I didn't want any clumsiness to ruin the wood.

A little note- Some of my friends who have shot my gun say it's heavy when they pick it up, and not heavy at all when mounted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning cynergy opinions
browning cynergy problems

browning cynergy review

browning cynergy sporting
browning cynergy sporting review
browning cynergy sporting reviews
browning cynergy sporting thoughts
browning cynergy trap combo review