1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy or Perazzi MX 15

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SARGE75X, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I have a Browning Cynergy unsingle combo ordered and last night at the club a good friend of mine shows me a Perazzi MX 15 that he is selling. Besides the Perazzi not having the O/U tubes it comes in a hard Perazzi case has Briley choke tubes and he said he sent it out when it was new to have the forcing cone lengthened. It looks like it is brand new. BTW it has a leaf spring trigger? The P gun would cost me a couple hundred more that the Browning. How much would it cost to have O/U tubes fit to this gun? Any other opinions. I couldn't sleep last night, I've never held the Browning but boy that Perazzi felt good last night.

2. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

The Perazzi is among the more highly regarded trap guns available. The flat springs are very easy to change...even though some argue that they are unreliable, I disagree. I've owned two Perazzi's and have never had a failure. If it was a valid issue, Perazzi would change it, and there are performance reasons to have the flat spring. Did you shoot the Perazzi? And, as a matter of curiosity, why did you order the Cynergy? Have you shot it? Did you look at other options, such as the Guerini Combo, which is earning a very positive reputation, and the factory service is second to none (transferrable life-time warranty)...can't say that for Browning...even though the Brownings, for the most part, are regarded as fine guns, and certainly are an excellent value. The Cynergy, though, is a bit of an unknown quantity as a trap gun. There are a lot of very good guns out there...to me it comes down to fit, reliability, and if factory service is excellent, should you need it...and invariably you will sooner or later. Currently, I shoot a Ljutic for singles and h'cap, and a Guerini O/U for doubles, and am very happy with this arrangement. I've had a Perazzi combo before, and felt that it was a compromise...the single barrel was fine, but I didn't like it as an O/U. Have fun looking...and don't rush into it. Shoot as many guns at the club as you can.

RobM.

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I have never owned a Cynergy, but have shot and worked on some. Went through about four different O/Us before I bought my Perazzi. If I were shopping for a gun today and even if I were in a tight for money: I would find a Perazzi of some form, even if I had to buy a worn one and send to have rebuilt, and I had to pick up cans to pay for it before I shot something else.

4. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

I ordered the Cynergy because I shot my XT Trap well but I wanted a adjustable rib. I've shot a friends TMX and was impressed but it wasn't set for me so I guessed it was no better than my XT. I'm going to call my friend to see if he will let me shoot the MX15 registered at Glen Park this Sunday.

5. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

The XT is gone I sold it last fall, right now I'm shooting a Browning BPS Trap. I knew I needed a trap gun till I could figure out what I wanted for a new gun.So the BPS was the cheapest real trap gun I could find. So far I'm shooting mid 90's and won my class 2 weeks ago with the BPS. 2 years ago I was shooting a Beretta 682 Gold E but the trigger guard was always smacking my middle finger, so it went and I bought the XT. The thing I didnt like about the XT was POI on the bottom barrel, too high.I could go to Indiana gun club and shoot a bunch of different guns but for me I need at least 200 rounds to really get the feel of one. Hopefully I can put 100 16's and 100 handicap thru the MX 15 Sunday.

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You will like the Cynergy. Browning did their homework on this gun.

7. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

The Cynergy unsingle is shown (32/32) in stock at Zanders so Browning must be releasing them.

8. sean justice

sean justice TS Member

try not to rush it,shoot as many as you can theres good options in that price. i shoot perazzi therefor choose it. do you mostly shoot singles , doubles at all, can always add a double. i shoot everything from trap to skeet to fitasc to crows and starlings with my mx-8. and i used to shoot a k-gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning oder perazzi

browning vs perazzi

browning vs perazzi trap
opinioni perazzi vs browning
perazzi vs browning