1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy combo vs. CitoriXT trap combo

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by superump, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superump

superump TS Member

I was set on wanting to buy a Browning Cynergy unsingle trap combo but after a post with some Cynergy questions I got some negetive comments about the Cynergy stock adj.comb and trigger. Would the Unsingle Citori trap combo be better or which is the better of the two. And which is the better buy for the money? I have always been a Browning fan with 5 Browning guns and not one complaint. A friend of mine has a Beretta 682 gold E unsingle combo that I have shot and I like it also but he feels his Brownings are better built and my loyalty to Browning comes in to play. Now I am wondering if I should look at the Citori trap combo? Any thoughts or suggestions from these owners or people that have friends that own them, or people that have shot these guns are welcome. Thanks in advance.

2. benedict1

benedict1 TS Member

I believe Cynergy adj. comb and current Citori are the same. Check it out. The ones I've seen both have the Allen wrench-insert hole at the back of the recoil pad.

As for the trigger: mine was fine when I got it but then had my gunsmith remove some of the creep and lower the pull pounds. Now at crisp 4.5# lower barrel and 5.5# top barrel with minimal creep. Took him about 15 minutes to do it. Any good shotgun guy can do it. It's not a rocket science deal.

Some of the early Cynergy triggers were pretty bad and Browning actually fixed them. Later ones seem fine and as I did, get it done the way you want it.

3. BFJ201

BFJ201 TS Member

My opinion is the XT combo but get the standard stock and have an aftermarket adjustable comb put on it. If you have an adjustable butt plate put on the comb adjustment hardware becomes inaccessible with the factory hardware. The XT has a traditional butt and recoil pad configuration so it will be easier to make fit you. But of course if the Cynergy fits you out of the box that may be the better option. But it still has the downside of a drift pin for the adj comb instead of allen screws.

James Allen

4. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

I bought an XT unsingle combo last year & really like the way it shoots.....I got the monte carlo stock & had an adjustable comb & adjustable butt plate put on.

The way I'm flinching I am going to have a release trigger installed this winter.
    If it was a Cynergy I would be out of luck on the release trigger.

I would choose the XT over the Cynergy for that reason & also because I believe that resale is better with the XTs.

5. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Ditto on the XT having better resale. It just seems to me the Cynergy has never quite grabbed a hold.

6. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with the trigger in my Cynergy. I have never noticed it while shooting, either for weight or creep. Granted, it isn't a two pound precision rifle trigger, but if you are paying attention to the trigger, you aren't going do hit many birds.
    The adjustable comb in my gun has likewise been no problem. I set it once, and it hasn't budged since.
    As for the old fairy tale of not being able to put release triggers in a Cynergy, there is a gunsmith just about thirty miles north of me who does them.
    He says the first one wasn't easy, but they are no problem now. I shoot with one guy who had releases put in his Cynergy by this smith, and he loves them.
    When I bought my Cynergy, it was because of the fit. I am 6'4" with a long neck and arms, and the Cynergy was just a better feeling fit. I eventually figured out that it was the longer wrist on the Cynergy allowing me a more natural grip, without the nose of the comb pushing my thumb forward and out.
    Anyone I have met who has a Cynergy has been extremely pleased with it, and if you buy it before the end of the year, you can join the Cynergy club(for free, get the information from your dealer) and receive $500 worth of merchandise. I recently received a hard case, soft case, range bag, hat, and a cheque for $100.00. This made my Cynergy the same price as an XT, with the added value of the gifts from Browning.Try them both, if possible, and buy the one YOU like best. Either way, you are getting a good gun that you should get many years shooting enjoyment from.

7. superump

superump TS Member

Well I bit the bullet (no pun intended) and ordered the Cynergy classic trap unsingle combo. I have been a browning lover all my life and own a lot of them and never dissapointed. A lot of good points were brought up her and I hope I will be satisfied. I have a citori O/U sporting clays special edition and just wanted something that looked different and felt different. I also have a gloden clays BT 99 which is a beautiful gun but I could never shoot it. It wasn't the guns fault its just the way I have to shoot. Excited about having the unsingle barrel. I shot a friends beretta 682 gold e unsingle and really liked it and really shot good with it. But I personally think the browning wood is heavier duty and a LOT better looking and the blueing is better.

8. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

You made a good choice, I had a cynergy combo and went to a beretta combo, now wish I had my Cynergy back, good shooting, Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori trap combo for sale
browning cynergy classic trap combo
browning cynergy classic trap unsingle combo for sale

browning cynergy trap combo

browning cynergy trap combo review
cynergy classic trap unsingle combo for sale
cynergy trap combo
cynergy trap combo for sale