1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy Classic Trap Thoughts

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrw17, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrw17

jrw17 Member

Currently have a Citori XT, nice gun (may need to get the trigger worked on). I have shot the field version of the Cynergy and really like the looks of the Cynergy Classic Trap and I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this gun. Is the lock up, hinge, trigger and over all gun as durable as a Citori? It is difficult to compare the two because the Cynergy is more like the Beretta so I am told. Any feedback would be great!

2. JRW

JRW Member

I bought one in Nov.09 I like it very much. I am using it for doubles mostly but have shot enough practice singles that I am not afraid to use it as a backup. Jerry in MI.

3. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

The triggers can range from OK to absolutly terrible. I have not heard of anyone that wants to work on the triggers and as far as I know, no one will try to make a release for one. The trigger guard hits my middle finger when I pull the trigger and almost bends it to my palm. That was on the model with the funky recoil pad. The one I was shooting had so so wood. I can't think of one thing that the Cynergy can do better than the XT. I guess I just don't like them. But that is my opinion and there are several guns I feel that way about. My wife says I never saw a gun I didn't like but she's not always right. I hope she doesn't see this post.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Hoosier daddy pretty much summed it up for me. If I already owned an XT I damn sure wouldn't want to go down hill.

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Interesting thoughts here.

I have the opposite experience. I've had two Cynergys and the triggers were equal to my XT. Not as nice as my Ljutic or my Perazzi, but look at the price difference.

It will last as long as your XT or longer. My Cynergy is as tight as the day I got it and I've put over 6,000 rounds through it. My XT didn't stay as tight.

Both are great guns and you won't go wrong with either.

6. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I can tell you from experience that the resale on the
    Cynergy sucks. Buy the XT.

7. AEP

AEP Member

I bought one back in April or May of 09. So-far I really like it. The triggers on mine sucked. The triggers are a solid 3 lb pull now. I can't figure why people don't like them. The Cynergy is a fine shotgun. I have never seen one broke down on the firing line yet.

Shooters either like them or hate them. The price is very reasonable new, and very good used. For a combo it is a bargin. I shoot mine well for a Sunday shooter. It's not the gun, it's the shooter. I know shooters with multiple high dollar combo's that miss the sky they shoot so bad, however, they do look good.

If you like the Cynergy....buy-it. If you don't like the looks. Stay away because you will never be happy.

Good luck,
    Andy

8. rrose

rrose TS Member

I have had 2 xt'x one I had a custom stock made for, then I tried a Cynergy and for me it felt better than the custom xt and I shot it better. It seems to me that the lower action of the cynergy makes the felt recoil seem less. I now own my 4th Cynergy and just like the way they fit, swing and shoot for me better than the XT. I have had no issues with any of mine. I do agree that the resale on them is not so good but then again that is true of a Lujtic and they are great guns most would agree. I don't think they are anything like a Beretta either, they are just different guns than both.
    It is up to the individual what fits and what they like the best, try to find one you can shoot and see what you think. If you are close to Cincinnati you are welcome to shoot mine.
    Good luck
    randy

9. Beni

Beni Member

I bought my first one field grade syn. stock. Love it. My second was the trap combo 32/34,really like it alot. ive had no issues mechanicaly with either. The only issue i have is the damn thing doesnt want to shoot 100 straight. LOL Buy it . Beni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning classic trap

browning cynergy classic trap

browning cynergy classic trap combo
browning cynergy trap
brwning cynergy trap for sale
cynergy classic trap
cynergy trap
synergy classic trap