1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Cynergy Barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldshooter, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

Hey guys, I need your help again. The gentleman who sponsors our trap team was out shooting a round of sporting clays with his Browning Cynergy Sporting when somewhere along the way, his gun developed 2 bulges at the screw–in choke on the bottom barrel. He never had an off-sound or stuck wad, just noticed the bulges when sighting down the barrels. The bulges just look like two rings, one 1 ½”above the other, and the choke is stuck and can’t be moved. He now needs a set of barrels. We (the team members) would like to find him a different set of barrels and buy them for him, for his sponsorship-$$ he spends. If anyone out there has a set of 30” Cynergy Sporting barrels they would like to sell or know of a set, please let me know. Thanks, 1oldshooter, Jerry Cover
    By-the-way we talked to Browning and they wished us luck in finding a set. (Not covered)

2. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

Any idea what happened?

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

1OldShooter: Was he shooting New Gold Medal Smooth side shells? I just sent some Brass w/plastic shot off new shell and lodged in the Bbl about 1/3 rd of the way down the Bbl.

This is happening quite frequently on the New Federal Smooth Trap Loads.

After firing the shell only the Brass is ejected, he caught it before loading another shell.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

He was shooting NEW AAs 7 1/2s Light Target loads. He keeps the hulls for others to reload. We looked them over and found nothing wrong. 1oldshooter

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Hard to diagnose without seeing the picture of it, but sound like something catches the rim of the choke tube.

Two bulges? How much they bulged? Cynergy Sporting has .742" bore and factory portings.

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Sounds like loose tubes to me? That would allow gas to get behind the bottom seal. Hap

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Did the new Win AA shells have the AA in a box? No box? or underlined AA?

Really seems like the base wad got lodged in the barrel couple of times.

8. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

You can't get barrels for Browning. They won't sell you any. You can get a new gun for about $1500 from guns unlimited. Just think a set of barrles for a Beretta would cost you that much.

9. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

I'm really sorry to hear it, but it's probably time for a new gun. Browning doesn't sell barrels.

I wonder if those barrels can be fixed? Have you called Mike Orlen?

10. 1oldshooter

1oldshooter Member

Some guys like to beat a dead horse; The hulls were CHECKED! NO bad base wads. If the base wad had came out, the brass would have fell off and the rest of the plastic would have been in the barrel. It was a misaligned choke tube. A piece of wad got caught in the gape. Wrights Choke tubes in Illinois will fix the whole mess. They will bore the old choke tube out, peen in the rings, rethread the choke,and put in new choke tube, about $300+. By the way I like, well LOVE, AA hulls. I have reloaded 10s of thousands of then for 40 some years and have not had 1 problem. -1oldhunter- Jerry Cover

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning cynergy barrel for sale
browning cynergy barrel replacement
browning cynergy barrel set

browning cynergy barrels

browning cynergy barrels for sale

browning cynergy trap barrel

can i shoot a browning cynergy without choke tubes
can you buy just the trap barrel for a browning cynergy