1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JDinTX, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

I have a '92 model GR 3 Browning Citori Trap. Will an Xt unsingle Barrel fit on this gun? I been thinking about a single barrel for a while now, and I only use the bottom barrel of the O/U now. Where is good source to find a single barrel? Thanks JD

2. pjh

pjh Member

Laibs in Spicer MN can take an XT barrel and move the forend lug. Just had it done for some one. Give Pat a call 320-796-2686 Peter

3. JimE

JimE Member

It depends on the configuration of the barrel lug an forarm Iron. If your lug is about 6" from the breech, and you have a 2 screw forarm iron, you can fit one. If you have a three screw forarm, with the lug about 7" from the breech, it won't fit without moving the lug. This is easier on some guns than others. I think most of the three screw lugs were soft soldered (low temp), so relatively easy to move. If silver soldered (high temp), you get into more complicated issues.

Your next problem becomes locating an unsingle to fit to your gun. Browning doesn't manufacture them for retrofit. You may find one used. I'm currently building aftermarket unsingles for the citori and xt. I'll put the lug where ever it needs to go! Jim

4. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

ttt Looking for an unsingle, might consider a topsingle

5. JimE

JimE Member

You're much more likely to find an over single. There are many more out there than the factory unsingles.

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Am I missing something here Jim? As long as the barrel fits your receiver properly, wouldn't you just need to get the correct forarm and iron, regardless of where the forearm lug is on the barrel or is there a difference somewhere else that comes into play? Seems a lot easier than moving the forarm lug.

Jeff

7. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Nevermind. I just put my forarm from my 325 up next to my forarm for my Trap gun. I see the diff now. I should have bid on that set of barrels you had for sale on ebay last week.

Jeff

8. JDinTX

JDinTX Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

soldering of barrels on browning citori shotgun

trap shooting tips browning citori