1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning citori XT tune up kit

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Is there a place to get a tune up kit? Something with all the normal wear and tear items? Springs fire pins ect ect.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

When I perform the annual on a Citori, I replace the firing pins, mainsprings, and lower firing pin return spring. If the lever return spring is fatigued, it gets a replacement. Other parts are replaced as needed. Very rarely are parts other than pins and related springs needed. Goop under the trigger will cause a failure to reset for the second shot.

Brownell's has most parts for these fine firearms. When I performed warranty service and repair for Browning, the Citoris were almost never in the shop, except for routine annual service. Sometimes, field guns would have the lever return spring corroded. Keeping them clean is the key. Taking the stock off, removing the firing pins and cleaning them and the firing pin channels keeps them working. Use STOS grease on hinge pins, frame knuckles and forend iron. Store them uncocked. I have not seen a Browning Citori with a broken firing pin. I am sure this has happened, but I see a LOT of Brownings, and have not had one with a broken firing pin in my hands. EVER.

If I did not have a Krieghoff that was paid for, worth more than when I bought it, and so perfectly fitted to me, I would shoot a Browning as a primary tournament arm. A Browning Cynergy Sporter IS my backup. I did not like them UNTIL I shot one!!!! If you do not like a Cynergy, DO NOT shoot one! LOL

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

My citori was made in 2000, I bought it used, I put about 7000 rnds thru it thus far. Thinks its time for a tune up. I have been Eye balling the cynergy trap combo.

4. XT Bill

XT Bill TS Member

I called Browning ( 1-800-322-4626) for some new springs, etc.,
    and noticed they're still showing prices from 2005.

The lady that took my order told me new prices are going into effect Jan 1st, so I just wanted to give everybody a heads up.

Actually, the greeting says "Browning and Winchester parts"

You can download a complete parts catalog from the Browning web site.

Firing pins are $5.00 for the upper, $5.25 for the lower !

Hammer springs are $2.50 !

They charge $6.50 for shipping UPS ground.

Bill

Edit- Mine was made in '05, Here are the part #'s:

Upper Firing pin- B1334148

Lower pin- B1334157

Lower firing pin return spring- B1334164

Top lever spring- B1334460

Hammer spring (main spring, same for both barrels)- B1334298

Hope this helps

Bill

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear 1911

I made the great mistake of shooting a Cynergy Sporter on the Skeet field. As a result, I have one on the way for a fun/backup gun. They shoot like a house on fire! I have no doubt the Trap model is as good.

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

<center>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    [​IMG]<br><br>
    </center> Maybe you could answer me this. Why does the O/U barrel on the cynergy trap have a tappered rib while the combo O/U is some what level

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

replacing hammer spring in browning cynergy

what parts to tune up a browning citori