1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori XT Trap Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DHS, Jul 19, 2013.

1. DHS

DHS Member

Planning to purchase a Citori XT Trap and a PFS. Not sure what a fair price is and who to purchase from; I live in NE Ohio. Also do you purchase the PFS direct from PFS? Also thought about a combo; not sure if it is available. Also at times there are special runs of BT-99's that have adjustable ribs etc; is any of this available for the Citori? Also seems there are Golden XT's etc. Any help and recommendations appreciated.

2. Caribou woodland

Caribou woodland Member

Look at Citori Plus it's an old Model..... Adj rib adj com and recoilreducer.
    I just got one and I love it.Salutations Pierre

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I have seen a couple XT combos in very good but used condition sell for around $2200. You get a lot of gun for the money with this one.

If you find one without all the adjustment features you think you want, don't worry the PFS should get you shooting where you need to be.

4. Millwright

Millwright Member

I have an XT trap, it has been serving me fairly well, tough gun, probably around 50000 rds through it no issues, I'm in Canada but paid 2900 out the door brand new, keep in mind we pay 13% sales tax and guns are typically more here to begin with.

5. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

The XT is my go to gun right now. I'll never be without one after having owned one...I will always have other guns too, but will always have an XT for a backup at least.

Skip the adjustable comb model if you don't want to buy a PFS right off ...and have Graco or some one install a adj. comb from scratch on a standard XT stock. Browning's adjustable comb hardware leaves "MUCH" to be desired...and is upside down if you exchange it with one of the aftermarket drop in replacement combs. The comb post stay with the comb rather than with the stock when you remove it to add or subtract washers...spills them everywhere if your not thinking. The drop in combs are still vastly superior to Browning's hardware anyway....and what I have in my XT.

Good luck...Stan

6. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Is the adjustable comb hardware still the same on the newer models? I bought one about 4 years ago and although I didn't shoot it a lot, the comb remained solid. I no longer shoot it, but it always worked perfectly.

7. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Yes, to the best of my knowledge....

Shoot it a lot, it will slip sooner or later..the design is flawed...imho, and everyone else I know that has one.

I guess there may be the occasional exception...but mine didn't make thru the first club shoot.

Stan