1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning CItori XT Trap Gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TIKI2RUBICON, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIKI2RUBICON

TIKI2RUBICON TS Member

I am a retired FFL dealer and have an extensive collection of Over & Under shotguns. However, today, I picked up my first Browning. I read the user manual and found nothing pertaining to a problem I have. I dropped snap caps in after cleaning and assembling. When I pulled the trigger to release the pressure on the firing pins, I was not able to just release and pull the trigger again. I had to place it into Safe, and move it to fire, in order to release the second firing pin. Since my other Over & Unders do not do this, is this typical for a trap gun? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.
    Joshua Cox

2. chemist

chemist Member

inertial trigger- recoil from first sets the second- usually if you tap the butt of the gun on the rubber pad it will set the second barrel- if they are new/old and have been in storage I have had the grease harden in the receiver and needed to remove stock and clean. if butt plate is plastic use a cushion to tap it or the top of your boot.

hope this helps and is a simple solution.

rich k- chemist

3. chemist

chemist Member

maybe i was wrong- that happened on my old belgium brownings- XT may be different- sorry for wrong advice

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

The chemist is correct. All my Browning O/Us are inertia triggers. The way you did it is correct, and doesn't require you to give it the bump, to reset. Either way works to release the spring pressure. Mark

5. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

The need to bump a Citori or cycle the safety does not affect the gun's ability to switch barrels when being shot, i.e., your gun will perform normally when you shoot it even though you need to "help" it switch barrels when using snap caps.

If you tried firing a Perazzi using snap caps, you would have exactly the same experience as you are having with your Citori. If you tried it with a Kolar, you would find that a Kolar will switch barrels automatically when using snap-caps without the need to bump or cycle the safety - the Kolar has a totally different barrel selection mechanism than the other two.

In any event, there is nothing wrong with your Citori. BTW, it is a very, very nice gun and a hell of a buy even at list price! I find mine almost the equal of my Kolar, at 1/3 the price.

Ted K.

6. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

You only need to slide to safe and back to fire, no need to toggle to other barrel.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori gold xt trap for sale

browning citori xt trap gold

browning xt trap gold for sale
browning xt trap gold stock for sale
citori xp gold trap
do you use snap caps in a browning citori
kolar equivalent to browning xt
release trigger for browning x t trap gold