1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori XT or Beretta SV10 Prevail Trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dazed5102, Oct 18, 2012.

1. dazed5102

dazed5102 TS Member

I am curious for opinions on the SV10? I am looking to purchase either a Browning XT or the Beretta. I know the SV10 Prevail is a newer model, and wanted some insight from anyone who is using one.

Thanks!

GF

2. lel4866

lel4866 Member

For one, the XT doesn't have that crap Xtra Wood. Man, I wish Beretta would dump that. Only thing holding me back from buying the Prevail. That and no adjustable rib...(would really like a CG Summit Impact).

Funny thing is in the UK (and I assume the rest of the world), they have real wood available on their Prevail Sporter model.

Would be nice to hear from people actually shooting the Prevail...

3. dazed5102

dazed5102 TS Member

I agree- it doesnt seem that anyone is actually using the gun?

I have mixed feelings on that Xtra wood. Some pictures it looks okay, others its just plain awful.

GF

4. mxrider458

mxrider458 Member

Owned both and a CG Summit Trap. Just bought the SV10 about 3-4 weeks ago. Bought the standard stock and had comb cut in and gracoil put on it. RH shooter, but need cast on was reason not to get KO system. So far I really like the gun. SV10 felt really good right off the rack. Would have like another CG combo, but funds a little tight, so opted for Beretta. Feels better everytime I shoot it, but been away from shooting for over a year. Be nice if they offer a single barrel down the road. Contacted them about it, and they said none available as of yet. Hoping maybe a DT11 single barrel will fit when introduced. 680 series do not fit reciever.

5. bobinwa

bobinwa TS Member

I have been shooting a Beretta SV10 Prevail Trap 1 for a few months now and really like it. Before that i shot a Browning Citori Special Edition Sporting Clays for 10 yrs. I like the Browning and I'm sure the XT is great as well. The SV10 has a monte carlo stock and I am shooting it with my head more upright. I like the low recoil, the trigger, the swing.

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Browning XT hands down first choice

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Ed C

Ed C Active Member

Buy the one that fits best, one will probably fit very differently than the other.

With that being said, I see a lot of XT's on the trap line, on the other hand, not so many SV Berettas (not sure if I've ever seen one on the trap line). That doesn't mean they aren't great guns, but if they are it's a very well kept secret.

Last weekend I shot at a small ATA shoot with approx. 40 shooters. 3 XT shooters shot off for high doubles with 97s. I saw no SV 10s at all.

Also consider the 725 combo or xt combo from gunsunlimited. Dollar for dollar they are hard to beat.

8. smokintom

smokintom Well-Known Member

Shot a friends Prevail. That gun shoots!!!! Added one to my list. Never missed a bird. All dust balls.

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I've never seen a Prevail being shot... Lot's of XT's though!

10. dustinthewind

dustinthewind Active Member

I shoot with a guy that shoots a Citori has 900,000 + round thought it and no real problems

Search tags for this page
beretta prevail trap
beretta prevail trap reviews
beretta sv10 prevail 1 trap for sale
beretta sv10 prevail 1 trap review

beretta sv10 prevail trap

beretta sv10 prevail trap review

beretta sv10 vs browning 725
prevail trap review