1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori XT 32" Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomr1, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomr1

tomr1 Member

I am a fairly new to the trap game. I'm thinking about buying the Citori XT, 32", with the adjustable comb. Just curious to everyone's opinion on the gun, both positive and negative. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated!

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Browning Citori XT 32

Extremely well liked gun all around. Not only for Trap but many use it for other games as well. The only negative is the comb hardware. Pretty much universally, everyone will say to buy the Monte Carlo stock and send it out to a good stock guy to install a quality adj comb hardware. You will not be disappointed.

3. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Browning Citori XT 32

For whatever it's worth, I agree with vpr80 100%. I had a soft-touch installed on my Ultra XT and use it for sporting clays and games, sometime's doubles. Dependable design, easy to sell if you change your mind and won't break the bank.

You'll probably also want to add good quality after market extended choke tubes.

Eddie Quire

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Browning Citori XT 32

A soft Touch is a $1,000

5. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

Browning Citori XT 32

If it is within your budget, have a good pad adjuster installed when you have the comb cut, and have the cheek area below the comb relieved if needed. Most trap guns you see have cast off combs and toed-out butt pads for a reason. A sore face takes a lot of the fun out of trap.

K

6. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

Browning Citori XT 32

I am thinking about the same gun, could someone elaborate a little more on the comb hardware.

7. Desert Hiker

Desert Hiker Member

Browning Citori XT 32

The Citori Classic Trap 32" bbl and adj. comb is an outstanding gun with little recoil. I have one and took a Sunday off from my KX 5 and shot my XT. 71 of 75 not bad for me as one of the old guys.
    RS

8. butcher

butcher Member

Browning Citori XT 32

I have a Browning XT with the ajustable comb and had the comb hardware changed to coventional style by the Country Gentleman. Some of the reasons for the dislike of the factory hardware are one if you want to cut the lenth of the stock down you also have to cut the metal rod that losens and tightens the comb. Some say that the harware works loose while they are shooting although I never had that trouble. It would also hinder adding a recoil reducer to the stock.I think it is a little harder and more involved to change the ajustable comb compared to the conventional hardware.Just my opininon. If I was to buy another one it would be with the monte carlo stock and then have an ajustable comb installed on it.

9. lboh

lboh Member

Browning Citori XT 32

Bought one a month ago and have 1,200 rounds through it so far with another few hundred coming this weekend.

Really like the gun and becoming very comfortable with it quickly. Misses are my fault not the guns. I have considered replacing the stock pad with a R.A.D system just to get a bit more adjustment on my shoulder.

I have determined the included modified choke is not very good with too many holes in the pattern. Went to the IM and full with much better results. With that said, I did buy the diamond grade extended chokes today and will give them a run tomorrow.

Gun is a breeze to clean and been very very reliable over the first 1,200 rounds with a variety of Remington, Estate, and Winchester loads in various loads. It eats anything I give it.

10. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Browning Citori XT 32

I know several people who shoot them and I have shot one a couple of times and was very impressed with how it handled and shoot. If I was in the market I would very seriously consider it one of my top choices. I would also look at the Cynergy.

Good luck,

Brownk80

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Browning Citori XT 32

Tom, they are very nice guns and I would think that you will not be disappointed in the gun. As said the factory adj. combs are So-So. But if you place plastic or metal washers under the comb it can't lower itself if it becomes loose while shooting. If you can buy one without the adj. comb and add one yourself later all the better. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

12. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

Browning Citori XT 32

I have over 30K rounds through my XT. It was my dedicated trap gun, but I bought a K-gun, so I now use the XT for Sporting Clays and Skeet. Mine has a 32" barrel and the factory adjustable comb. I use plastic spacers (as I do on all my adjustable comb guns)and have never had a problem with the comb coming loose or failing.

I wasn't a Citori fan, but a friend recommended the Citori XT to me when I got started in trapshooting...his recommendation turned out to be a very good one.

bluedsteel

13. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Browning Citori XT 32

I have a Citori XT and find it very similar to my Kolar, except for the trigger. I use the Browning as a back-up in case the Kolar breaks (not likely), because they feel so similar.

As to the comb mechanism, it's not first class, mostly because it's plastic and tends to move or break. However, Graco make a drop-in replacement out of aluminum which works just fine. There is no need to modify the stock, the comb or the butt plate - the Graco hardware drops in like it was made for the Browning (which it is), using the same screw holes and inletting.

Ted K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori xt trap any good

how do you tell what grade a browning citori ultra xt is

is browning 725 comb hardware any good