1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning citori value

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by mwm86, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwm86

mwm86 Member

0   0   0

I am looking at buying a browning citori plus pigeon,(this is what it says underside of the receiver), from a friend, but we are both having a difficult time finding the value of this particular gun. I have spoken directly to Browning, and giving them the serial number they say it is a 1994. The gun is in very good shape for the age, i would say 90% plus, it has ported barrels, invector plus choke system, adjustable comb, recoil reduction system, not sure what it's called, nice leather hard case. Sorry to be long winded, just trying to give enough info. to help those helping me. Thanks in advance for any input you may have. Bret

2. Gary Beer

Gary Beer Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I find a Citori Trap Pigeon grade in the 31st edition of Blue Book guns. I dont see one that mentions PLUS???? It does show a mfg. date of 93-94 and says the receiver has gold accents. 100% condition valued at $1715. 95% at $950 and 90% at $800.

Not sure if this will help.

3. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

1700.00 - 2300.00

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

750-950

check and make sure the recoil system is not frozen up

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

0   0   0

Citori Plusses vary GREATLY in price. The Pigeon grade does add some to the value. A non-Pigeon shooter that had an owner that showed they cared about it should bring $1300-1500 all day long. I have seen them fetch as much as $1900. The Plus Combo's add another $800-1000. Forget what the blue book says about it. It's what are they bringing at the gun club. I have had 4 and have done well on every one of them when we parted ways.

Jeff

6. mwm86

mwm86 Member

0   0   0

Thanks to all of you for your responses and advice. The recoil system seems to work good, i have got to shoot it. It does have the gold inlay on the outer edges of the receiver as well. So from what i'm gathering here, is the $1400 he is asking is a pretty fair price. Also i have another question, i'm told this gun has the option for combo barrel. I've been told that you can't just buy the single barrel for the gun, it would have to be custom fit to the receiver. Any thoughts or ideas on this theiory. Thank you all again for your help. Bret

7. XP100

XP100 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

GN7777777. If you find any in the 750-950 price range I will buy them and you can make a quick profit on all you can find.

8. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

0   0   0

I agree with XP.

Last year there was a Pigeon Sporting Clays version for sale at the local club.

It had a Tom Larkin adj. comb, porting, tubes, Gold accents on the side and bottom of Rec. Gun had been shot a lot and sometimes popped open after the second shot. Lots of wear on receiver.

Owner was asking 800. for it.

I passed because it was a little on the rough side.

Another shooter jumped all over it for his daughter. He got his 800.

Regards....Gerald

9. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Gerald (over the hill) - please forward name of new owner to XP100 and he will give me a $150 dollar commission, which I will then pass on to you.

This always happens though- someone that owns a particular model or is selling or planning on selling a particular model or even more likely that has paid way more than something is worth themselves always is offended at what a quote of what you believe the "market" to be and have seen guns sell for.

BTW Locking bolts are easy to rebuild.

To the original poster- you may see a dealer asking a price or see people on here described above that further fan your flames to buy this firearm but unless you are just in love with that particular gun- exercise caution if you ever plan on falling out of love with it.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1994 browning citori
1994 browning citori value
browning citori pigeon
browning citori plus pigeon

browning citori shotgun values

browning citori trap pigeon
browning citori trap value