1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Ultra XT problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I just broke down and cleaned my XT after shooting ma state shoot and a bit today at club for league score. What I found was the COCKING LEVER LIFTER was binding not sliding smooth as it use to. After a little cleaning I found a very small piece of metal. looking at it under a magnification glass it looks like a spring piece. I removed the COCKING LEVER LIFTER to find a broken spring in 2. Then after really cleaning and checking out COCKING LEVER LIFTER it has to small cracks on sides and apears bent. How could this piece bend, I have not had a problem with this gun binding stiff or other wise. I would like to replace. Is this a easy job or does it need to be fitted? Also the parts sheet list a COCKING LEVER LIFTER PLUNGER. I did not find anything resembling a plenger. Putting it back together with a streched out spring and a bit of filing of lifter I got it working quit well. But im sure its short lived. Any info a plus thank you

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I've seen the Citori with and without the plunger. They may have added the plunger for the XT models, and they will probably work with any older model also.

As for it being bent...can't answer that one. It may have been just a bad part. I have replaced them but I can't remember if they come blued or plated. The fitting is not bad at all.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thats good Ive become pretty handy at fixin most of my gun problems I dont see this being to hard at all. It to me just does not seem like a stressed piece. I dont think it bent then cracked, I think it is a stress crack that led to the slight bend in it. ordering parts monday. Do they make plugs to fit into bead holes. I would like to remove beads and plug remaining hole?

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

You'd have to hunt around for some metric plug or set screws. You could just mix up some epoxy with black dye and drop it in the holes, if you feel that the holes will bother you shooting.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I dont think they will bother me just dont want to get full of crud.

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Well, once they're full of crud...they'll be plugged (hehehe)

Doug

7. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

mac, how did you do on Saturday? I was shooting 2 squads after you and couldn't come by and say hello! _ Frank C

8. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I won D class ma state with a 187, my highest score to date. looking up! I was so knotted up I really was on the low. I didnt even really talk to other members of my club. Just needed to be focused. Just sat and watched targets coming out of bank 1. Ill tell you bank 1 field 2 was throwing a ton of hard lefts and rights. at one point it felt like doubles it would throw one str8 then right str8 then right. I was on that field a few weeks ago and all my shots on post 1 hard left post 5 all hard rights. Even score keeper noticed this. I missed a lot of those. But i was dead set on not letting hard L&R targets to get to me. I got a little practice in down at my club. Dont know where im going next.

9. Frank C

Glad you had a good time, it certainly was a crappy day on Saturday, I managed to dodge the rain for the most part.....you should been there yesterday!!!! bee-you-ti-full yesterday!
    Ct. is a good shoot....in two weeks! Frank C.

10. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Remove the beads,why? GOOD LUCK

11. Frank C

Mac, before you remove the beads, try taking a sharpie marker and blacking them out, it will rub off if you don't like the result. But it will keep your eye from being drawn to the bead.....FC

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya should have bought a Spartan ... ;-)

13. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Reason for bead removal, only shotgun I ever shot prior to current Browning XT was a REMINGTON 870 Exspress. Now that gun has been around in and out of the case, front beed is practically gone. I started shooting trap with that same gun 03/06. I shot that gun all year, I also had trouble premounting the gun in the begining, thats another story. Needless to say XT had a hi viz sight I got all hung up on beed stacking ect ect. I finally took the time to pattern gun adjust comb to get gun shooting where im looking. I did not want a flat shooting gun like the 870. Now ive been shooting very well and repetitive mount, SO about 5 weeks ago my hi viz sight fell out somewhere. All I had left was a huge triangle, absolutly distracting. I took it out. But hate that thing sitting there with out a lite pipe in it. Then theres the poor little mid bead wich seems to do no good now that the comb is high and theres no bead to stack. There it is. like to plug them up with a flat screw or something.

14. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thanks wire guy, I really dont want lite pipes at all. I may just order original white bead from browning.

15. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I also ran into a problem before getting replacement pipes for the pro comp sight. Thank You

16. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Hiviz makes a real nice white pipe for the pro-comp sight. That is all I use in mine.

ec90t

17. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Ill check it out.

18. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I do not install forarm on barrel. I have a Americase with seperate area for for arm. I am ordering parts soon. along with a few other things. This gun is 7 years old and i plan on shooting it ALOT. what other parts should i keep handy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
browning citori cleaning
browning citori ultra xt
browning citori xt trapbarrel bead keeper brass
browning citori xt ultra

browning ultra xt

browning xt sight beads
browning xt trap cocking lever lifter
xt trap bent cocking lever lifter