1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori redo ??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by turmite, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turmite

turmite Member

I just made a deal for a Browning Citori that needs to be refinished. I would like advice whether or not to have Browning do the work, or have someone else do it. I can do the stock refinishing myself but it is going to need re-bluing. The gun is supposed to have less than 1000 rounds through and was a hunting only gun. Lower barrel is i/c with the upper a modified. Does anyone know if Browning does, or would do screw in chokes on a refinish job?

Anyone with experience in this process please speak up.

Last question. If Browning does all the work, with/without the choke question, what would the approximate value of a factory refurb Citori be?

Mike

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Browning will not install choke tubes.

Why not see what Tron will do? He did some great work for me, and if he does not reblue I would imagine he has some one to do it for him.

3. Pat McKean

Pat McKean Active Member

Nu-Line Guns in Missouri did a fine job on my wife's BT-99 a few years back, and they are an authorized Browning repair center. Thet have re-worked my Model 12 a couple of times with great results.

Allem's Guncraft is also very good, and quite reasonable. They saved the barrels on my Citori when I left in a recoil reducer a few months too long.

Pat McKean
    Richmond, CA

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Also give Midwest Gunworks a Call...or email MGW.com...they specialize in Winchesters and Browning redos...they did my 101 Pigeon Grade two years ago and it came back in perfect shape, tight as is was in 1980!...inexpensive, and great quality work..and they stock all new wood if you want to go that way as well...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!...LarryB

5. turmite

turmite Member

Thanks for the info guys. Keep it coming.

Now I guess to the crux of the matter. I got this gun right, and hopefully right enought to get it refurbed with some trading room built it, but I really would like some advice as to what will help or hurt the value of the gun.

Value of the gun with Browning refurb

Value of the gun with aftermarket refurb

Value of the gun with aftermarket refurb and screw in chokes

I know the values are only a guess, but it will help with my decision.

Mike

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I sent my Citori Plus to Art's Gun and Sport Shop in Hillsboro MO (636-944-3521)for reblue and stock refinish. It came back as new. They also are a Browning service shop. Excellent service and turn-a-round time.

7. turmite

turmite Member

Thanks again guys. DoubleAuto....I got it right. I will not have the stock refinished as I can do that myself. Part of this questioning is to find out whether or not to have the choke work done or just leave it as is.

Getting a price in advance is a given.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

8. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

I had Bose's guns in Neb. Refinish 2 of my model 12's and they came out great. Like new. They charged $300 for total reblue and wood. Nice folks.

9. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

http://www.bosesofnebraska.com/firearmrestoration.html

10. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Life is too short to shoot and ugly gun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori stock refinishing

refinishing a browning citori