1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by twoatlow8, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

I have a Browning Citori 20 gauge skeet gun that I use for hunting.
    I would like to convert the safety to be automatic like on a hunting gun.In other words I would like the safety to go on when I open the gun. This feature is disabled on the Skeet and Trap guns.
    What parts do I need to enable the automatic safety?
    Thanks, Scott

2. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Scott,

I think it is a little stiff wire that goes inside the action that connects the safety to something else (don't know what) that pushes the safety to the "ON" position when the gun is closed.

You might go to the Brownell's website and look for a parts diagram for a field Citori. You should be able to identify the automatic safety linkage (wire, I think). Then you could order it and install it. Hopefully, your gun already has the holes drilled (if necessary) for the installation of the automatic safety mechanism.

Sorry if I sound vague on this, but it's because I've never installed one. I would be more inclined to REMOVE one if it were there, but that's just my opinion.

Easystreet

3. ink ball

ink ball Member

To my knowledge, no Browning O/U has the automatic safety feature (field or target model). Beretta field O/U's have this feature, but not Brownings...I don't know if a creative gunsmith could make something like this for your Browning, but I have my doubts.

4. twoatlow8

twoatlow8 Member

Thank you! I am hoping to find someone who has removed one from a field gun and saved the parts.
    Thanks, Scott

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no auto safty, pretty dure, unless on very new models?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori automatic safety

removing auto safety feature browning citori