1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

BROWNING CITORI QUESTION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by frumpy, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

I have a 1999 (as by the serial #) Browning Citori Special Trap Edition, and was wondering if a Browning XT trap unsingle barrel will fit with the reciever an forearm. Thanks to all who respond!

Jacob (frumpy)

2. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

Jacob, It most likely won't work because the locking lug on the forearms are in different locations on the Special vs XT. Yours may work, but I remember trying my XT Combo bbls on my 97' Special and the locations were different. The lug can be moved, but don't ever ask Browning to work on it again, as it voids any warranty. If the bbl is local see if it fits, otherwise check with a local gunsmith about moving it. Hope this helps?

Jeff

3. fly

fly Active Member

Shoot whatever works for you and don't listen to all the experts. I used to shoot with a guy that won the Grand American Handicap with a field grade 1100, that he would place in garbage cans instead of the gun racks. Later on he bought more expensive guns, and never won big again.

4. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

Thanks guys for your help, I was looking for a way to increase POI (besides an adjustable comb), and also to increase the value of the gun.

Jacob

5. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

The O/U barrel looks identical to the XT O/U, but I haven't looked very closely mechanical wise.

6. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

If someone has a XT single/unsingle, if you want to I would appreciate if you can post a picture(s) of the barrel and I can compare them to my barrel and see the difference (If any.) I can't post pics, so that's why I need your help. Thanks,

Jacob

7. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

jacob. check with stu wright 618-357-8933 or art,s gun shop636-944-3630. i am quite sure either of these fellas can answer your question. dwain

8. frumpy

frumpy TS Member

9. junior winner

junior winner TS Member

with brownings the only way you can switch barrels is if you buy a combo thats made to be switched browning barrels will not fit other guns and browning will not fit them to your gun nor make a barrel if you have an xt with a double barrel get used to it cause you cant change it.

10. dbart1948

dbart1948 Member

Jacob - I also have a Browning Special Trap Edition (1998)with an adjustable comb. In order to increase the Point of Impact (POI), I raised the comb. In doing so, I found that the factory hardware from Browning was not sufficient.

The posts on the stock were too short, and when I had these replaced to longer posts, the screws in the cheek piece would not hold. I am now having this issue addressed by Kohler in Racine, WI.

In my opinon, there are three options to consider. The first option is to consider having the hardware within the stock replaced. The second option is to consider purchasing a Precision Fit Stock (PFS). While this option would certainly solve some of the problem, the cost of a PFS maybe prohibitive. The most cost effective option is to learn how to break targets with the equipment that you have.

Whatever you decide, I wish you success. Looking forward to reading the thoughts of other shooters on this topic.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.