1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tron, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

One of my Pals that shoots the summer Sporting Clays league has a Browning problem. When he loaded his Citori, one of his shells leaked some shot into the action and the action locked up. He managed to tap the lever so that he could open the action, but now when you pull the trigger, the sear doesn't engage. Anything we should look for??

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Take the rear stock off and watch what is happening. A stray pellet can get almost anywhere and when it gets squashed, it's sometimes hard to notice. Mark

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Taking the stock off and it should be apparent what's going on. If the inertia block is not slipping under the sears, highly likely some shot migrated into the back of the action.

It would be wise to tear the whole receiver down, because the shot get be about anywhere...even slipping through the top lever spring, causing the top lever to bind.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Crushed flattened lead shot can disappear into grey gun metal in the most amazing way.

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Mine wouldn't close one time, and the trap kid scoring says, "I know what that is!". He flipped the lower extractor back and raked out a flatten pellet that looked to be paper thin. I finished the round and it never happened again. I realize now, I should have tipped him.

Bob Falfa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori problem

browning citori problems

browning citori sear problem

browning ctitior action problems

citori wont close