1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hank55, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank55

Hank55 Member

While shooting doubles, my citori failed to cock the hammer for the top barrel after shooting the first bird on several pairs. I took the stock off and didn't see any broken parts but cleaned it up and oiled it with synthenic gun oil. Is there something that is inherent to these guns that would cause the problem that a gunsmith should look at?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Hank, I have seen this happen more than once. Are you SURE that you are releasing the trigger after the first shot so the gun will cock for the second shot?

3. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

I think gene is probably right, also remember that these are enertia triggers. If your load is too light on the first shot it may not be setting the trigger for the second shot. If you want to check it, with the gun empty, fire first trig. then hit butt of gun firmly against something solid (ground) then try second trigger. If you want to check the enertia slide, look on the butt stock end of the action and you will see a square piece of metal that should slide left or right when you operate the barrell selector and make sure it is moving freely. Just a few things to check

Bob

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen to me and trapshootin hippie is correct. I wasn't relesing the trigger between shots. Also I can just hit the but of the gun with my hand and it will cock the upper barrel.

5. Hank55

Hank55 Member

Thanks to both replies, you may be right, I really don't think that I'm releasing the trigger because the next two shells fire correctly. I never made the connection.

6. Bosco

Bosco TS Member

Hank
    Had the same problem. Talked to a gunsmith and several experienced shooters. They all
    told me the same thing. Release your finger after the first shot. Mechanical triggers are another option:
    but wasn't really advised from my sources.
    Mike Underwood

7. Bosco

Bosco TS Member

Hank
    Had the same problem. Talked to a gunsmith and several experienced shooters. They all
    told me the same thing. Release your finger after the first shot. Mechanical triggers are another option:
    but wasn't really advised from my sources.
    Mike Underwood

8. Ray Zeilinger

Ray Zeilinger Member

I had the same problem with my special trap. what it turned out to be is the inertia block would not fall into place below the sear. I polished the bottom of the sear with a small jewelers file. works like a top now..

Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
barrell selector for browning citori
browning 626 trigger problems
browning citori barrel selector

browning citori problems

browning ctitior action problems
cirtori selector
citori issues
problems with barrel selector switch on citori