1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

What is the value of a lightly used Browning Citor Plus: 2 3/4" chamber, ported barrel, blued receiver, and adjustable stock. It doesn't have the original case it came with. This is also a 12ga.

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

$1000 - $1500. From the short description it could be in the upper bracket.

If, you mean the cumbersome "travel vault" they used to come in, not having it is a plus (no pun intended). Check the rib for kinks since it's made of aluminum and easily bent. Check the top extractor stop pin for looseness. See if the recoil reducer is functional, or better yet been replaced by a Timney. As with most things the closer it is to being in stock condition the more attractive it is to a buyer.

The 30" barrel model is a doubles crunching machine. I never felt it was that good of a 25-27 yard gun, but I'm probably wrong. If the gun you're presently using has a lot lower rib than the Plus, expect a transition period of about a 1000 rounds to get comfortable. Regardless of what you pay, you could be about to purchase one of the all time bargains in trapshooting. Good luck.

3. laxpatrick

laxpatrick TS Member

I'd agree on the high side - I think the Plus is a great gun. High rib, adjustable rib, adjustable comb, factory recoil, adjustable for cant.

It'll fit just about anybody and you could use it for more than just trap. Very versatile indeed. Around here those will fetch 1500 easy...

LAXPatrick

4. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

A really nice one should bring $1800.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I only had a chance to look at the gun briefly but it appears to be in very good condition from what I saw and I'm only paying $1050 for it!

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

At that price, you better jump on it quickly. John E.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.