Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Browning Citori Plus????

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  CalvinMD 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the approximate weight of the Browning Citori Plus O/U is? Also, for the weight, do these guns feel pretty lively or pretty sluggish in the hands? I also read that they changed the rib design at some point in there production to make it stronger; can anyone tell me when they made this change and how to tell by looking at the rib whether it is the later design or not? Thanks. Garrett

#2 ·
This isn't that much help, but the Citori Plus weighed 9 oz. more than a BT99 Plus when it was made. Maybe someone on here can tell you what a 99 Plus weighs. My 30" Citori Plus weighs between 8.5 and 9 lbs on the scale I have here at the house.

There were rumors that some aftermarket outfit was going to make a steel rib for it, but it never materialized (probably would have screwed up the balance). My son had one of the first ones and I had one of the last ones and I couldn't tell the difference in the ribs, there were both aluminum and easy to bend if you weren't coordinated.

The 30" Citori Plus is pretty whippy and you may be able to play with the balance point with the LOP adjustment (mine is wound all the way in) or weights if you want. If you can find one of the Plus Combos you'll have a truly awesome combination, especially the doubles setup. Good luck.

#3 ·
My 34" 99Plus weighs just a hair under 8 pounds...the 30' citori works great for sporting clays too...but I do really prefer the 32" gun to shoot everything..even for singles...one of these days I have a brand new 32" Citori Plus that escaped the factory unported and I might start shooting it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.