1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Plus Soft Comb

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Felice Taddz, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felice Taddz

Felice Taddz Member

Hey guys and gals, I'm looking for a Soft Comb for my Browning Citori Plus O/U 1991, I tried trap dude but he's measuremnets don't match up to mine anyone know of another place I could try, has anyone bought one before the this gun?

Total Length of Comb is 6.75"
    Spacing between holes is 3.25"

Thanks
    Taddz

2. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

An aftermarket replacement comb for this gun does not exist. You have 2 options. Send it out to have a duplicate made, then have the duplicate converted into a soft comb. #2 Have a soft comb conversion done on your existing piece. #2 is the most cost effective and is the option that most shooters choose. Most stock guys will do a simple conversion for $75.00-$100.00
    The duplicate route is more labor intensive and more costly. I will be glad to do it for you or your can select from a number of us who frequent this site. We are all buddies and I know for a fact that there is no shortage in their work quality. Yours in shooting, Todd Nelson

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Taddz;

Have you checked the pitch on your stock? Inadequate pitch is a common cause for cheek slap if that is your complaint.

Rollin

4. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

Sir---I have a bt99 plus and the problem with the stock hitting my cheek was easily fixed by simply adding 1/4 inch length to the bottom of the butt pad by using washers, ect. This works on most shotguns. Even with the recoil reducer working properly the angle of the butt plate needs to kick down, away from your face. I have done this on several field guns that have kicked my cheek. Used a cutoff saw, took 1/4 inch off the top to even on the bottom. Worked good for me. s

5. Felice Taddz

Felice Taddz Member

Trap dude sent me one to try, with a little adjustment I made it fit just nice. I can tell that its still hitting me but not bothering me at this point. I will give you tips a try because I know it shouldn't be doing that. Maybe I just need to keep the wood on the wood eh?

Thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.