1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Plus Problem-

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have had my Plus for many years and it's time to have the locking mechanism rebuilt. The action will will open when the top barrel is fired and the top lever is well left of center although the gun is tight. ALL the firing pins and springs were replaced this spring including the top lever spring. I shoot the gun well and want to fix it but I don't know what to expect cost wise and who I should go to. Is there anything else that should be addressed while I'm at it-sears, ejectors etc?

I have a friend going to Sparta this year. Is this something I could get done while he's there from Browning?

If memory serves me this or a similar subject came up a few months or so back. Thanks, Dave

2. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

Arts is hard to beat

3. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who and where is Art's?

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

http://www.artsgunshop.com/index.html

5. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Dave,
    Mine started doing that fairly early in it's life. It turned out that I had gotten an abundance of oil on the locking bar. I would Tico-tool my barrels, then use the oiler they provide in the handle. When I would stand it muzzle up for a length of time the oil would end up on the locking bar and it would start popping open. Art's will fix your problem, but you might try removing the stock and gumout/compressed air the receiver group. Then oil lightly with Tri-flow or Slick 50 One lube (if you haven't already). Good luck in whatever you do.

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Dave P

Check your private messages.

7. jsteenson

jsteenson Member

it costs about 125.00 canadian here to replace the locking bolt.That is what it needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.