1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori Light strikes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 500sks, Jun 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 500sks

500sks Member

My browning XS Skeet is starting to have light strikes again. I have a new firing pin and I replaced the hammer springs about 10,000 rounds ago. The current firing pin is cratered again and I am going to replace the pin. Do you think after 10,000 rounds the springs would be sacked already? I use snap caps whenever the gun is stored. I replaced the springs last time with original Browning springs. I there any advantage to aftermarket springs?
    Thanks
    Phil

2. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

There could be gunk on the shoulder of the firing pin. Remove both, clean them off, clean out the oin hole and re-install. Problem solved.

3. 500sks

500sks Member

Thanks for the reply.
    The firing pins were new 10,000 rounds ago. I replaced the springs and pins at that time. I use Fiocchi primers and shoot Estate shells. I am sure the pin is cratered from the Fiocchi primers. Maybe I will go back to Winchester primers. But you can buy a firing pin for each 10,000 primers you use and be money ahead. I have a new firing pin to put in the gun I will clean the firing pin bore and we should be back in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori firing pin light strike