1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

browning citori hammers springs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2506, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2506

2506 TS Member

Browning hammer springs are fairly easy to remove, but does anyone know
    of a easy way to get them back on?

2. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

No easy way I know of but the good news is that it doesn't have to be done very often. I position the spring/strut and grasping the end of the strut I compress the spring with the objective of pushing the strut back into the hole. I use a side cutting pliers for grasping the strut.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dull the cutting surfaces of a small pair of side cutters, and use both hands to guide the spring guide into the boss on the receiver, and the nose into the hammer.

Hot tip! Use the Wolff Extra Power spring for the right (lower) hammer.

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I cut a groove in one side of a pair of slip joint pliers, not channellock type, just the ordinary two position type mechanics pliers, and I think I cut a notch in the other end. I can hold the strut in the notched end and compress the spring with the grooved end. Works very well.

5. Over-the-Hill

Over-the-Hill Member

Brownell's sells a mainspring tool especially made to do this, however a friend at the club the other night said that he has used a small cocktail fork, the two pronged ones for eating shrimp, and that has worked well for him.
    Marion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.