1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori and the brown stuff

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ifishinxs, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifishinxs

ifishinxs TS Member

I just picked up a New white satin hunter..I hunt as well as shoot trap so this gun fit the bill..

I did a brief cleaning prior to hitting my local trap club..After shooting I broke the gun down and started with my normal cleaning routine and noticed that I kept getting this brown residue on my rags and bore pads..I Cleaned and double cleaned and I still have this brown residue coming off the barrel and the bore...I called Browning today and they told be that this was just part of the bluing process and that it would go away..

I have a few guns in my safe.I've cleaned a few guns in my time and I have never had an issue with the bluing..Or rust coming off due to the bluing process.

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light on this brown stuff coming off my barrel.. and why?

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Wow, it's deja vu all over again.

3. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

It's not just the Brownings that ooze this stuff. I've had it come out of other guns as well. I clean my new hardware with mineral spirits or with Thompson-Center's Sabot and Powder Solvent when I can find some. Ed's Red also removes it, but slowly as with everything else. Don't try to rush the removal process with weird chemicals or drastic procedures. It will all come out eventually.

MK

4. ifishinxs

ifishinxs TS Member

Thanks for the tips..I have used Hoppes, Otis, Gunscrubber, mineral spirts and acetone.
    I still have the brown crud coming off although not as much as I had the first time around.

I guess I'll work on being patient..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

citori brown residue