1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori 725 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jmac_cope, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

This question is regarding the 725 DS chokes system. The DS chokes seem to mike out larger than invector + chokes given the same choke designation. ie. the IM choke measurement on the DS chokes is larger than the IM choke measurement on the Inv.+
    Is that normal? Can someone explain why that might be? And will the DS Mod choke shoot more open than the Inv+ MOd choke?

Thanks,

John

2. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Are the 725 chokes Invector plus ? Is the DS choke only for the 725 ? Even if the INV + fit the 725 the only way to really tell is to shoot them and compare. The length of parallel may be different or longer so mike readings are only a guide shooting is the only real test and use what ever shells you shoot also as different shells will give different results. There are no short cuts only trial and error. Have some fun with it I shoot lots of patterns on guns I work on for POI and Pattern once I get the right combo I am confident in the gun the rest is on you to perform.

4. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

One eye,
    The chokes are not interchangeable. It seems like the DS Modified or Improved MOd. shoot way more open than the invector + chokes. they mike more open also.

John

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Thanks John that is good to know they may have opened them up to shoot steel shot that is what they do for steel.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

In the past I thought Brng. always labeled their chokes both ways or at least had a paragraph in the manual explaining this. If that's the case!

7. jmac_cope

jmac_cope Active Member

Thanks Pat.
    Please let me know what you find when you mike the choke tubes.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori 725 field pattern

browning citori 725 sporting threads