1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori 625 Sporting golden clays

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dmb86, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmb86

dmb86 TS Member

Trapshooters ... I´m planning on purchasing a new shotgun for olympic trap. I´ve been reading articles all over the internet, and it´s like buying a new car or a computer. Everyone has different opinions. I´m a beginner shooter, I had shot olympic trap about 20 times, I´m advanced in American Trap, but now I want to dedicate my time to the Olympic style. Personally I like the Browning Citori 625 sporting golden clays model, because of the sight and the grip and of course because of the good looking, I like also the beretta 682 Gold E, but the browning steals my attention. I own a beretta 686 and I feel the barrel it´s to flat, I am used to a higher sight on my shotgun because my American Trap shotgun. Those are the main reasons I like about the citori. What are your opinion´s? I really appreciate all the comments, I´m trying to get the right info. Thanks!!!

Diego

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

To be very honest with you, it really does not matter what I or anyone else who posts here thinks!!! We are not shooting your gun, "You Are". So its what "YOU" like to shoot. We can tell you our likes and dislikes and you can weed though these to make your own choice. Now I would suggest you shoot as many different guns in the price range you want to spend as you can before you buy anything. Most shooters will be more than happy to loan you there gun for a round or two. Note: You should always use factory ammo when borrowing a gun!!! The two most commom shotguns bought for clay target shooting would be the Browning and the Beretta. So cover all the different makes and models, and a few others and buy when you feel you have the right one. Now I will make one suggestion and that is close your eyes and mount the gun, get it to where it feels correct and comfortable. Then open your eyes and see how your looking down the barrel. Pick the gun that your looking perfectly down the barrel when you open your eyes that feels the best. You'll know it when you find it!!! You can't go wrong with a good fit. Yes, you can install adj. combs and butt plates, but nothing like getting real close first. Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

3. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Well said Jeff.....

4. dmb86

dmb86 TS Member

Thanks a lot Jeff, You have been more than helpful. Thanks!!!!

5. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

The 625 tends to set up flat due to the drop in the stock towards the heel. I had Graco install an adjustable comb on my 625. I did not want the Browning factory adjustable comb because they tend to fall out of adjustment. I asked Graco to enlarge the holes in the insets in the comb so that the comb could be adjusted in a parallel position to the rib. I also asked for higher posts to be installed so that I could have a more upright head position while getting my point of impact. The 625 handles better to me for bunker and wobble trap than the XT Trap. I also added an adjustable butt plate to fine tune the drop in the heel. The pistol grip helps me to stay in the gun better. It's a great gun for the faster speeds in bunker as well as a quick tempo for doubles. It's one of my favorite guns. Bob

6. open choke

open choke TS Member

I love my 525. Can't see why the 625 would be a disappointment to you.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

dmb86, I'm only too glad to help you out!!! I beat you to it with the 525 several years ago. It just came up better for me than the Beretta's. Most shooters like one or the other, but rarely like both the same. Good Luck and break em all. Jeff

8. Scoutman 06

Scoutman 06 Member

dmb86, From your post it sounds like you intend to get serious about bunker shooting. If so, you will notice early on that Citoris aren't the gun of choice for most of the guys who shoot the game. For what a new Golden Clays will cost, you are very close to what an older Comp 1 or MX-8 could be had for & you would be getting a gun with better triggers that can be helpful when a quick 2nd shot is needed. John

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

New is always nice but there are other things to think about. One is do the barrels shoot in the same POI if you buy a used gun you can check that out now some one may let you shoot a new gun a few time to make sure it has a good POI. I also think you can buy a better quality gun used for the price you are going to spend. I shoot a Browning and a Beretta but if I was going to shoot Olympic trap I would get a Perazzi or Beretta DT 10 you see very few other brands at the top the best Olympic shooters prefer them both skeet and trap nothing like shooting a gun before you buy. If you are in experienced ask to have a gunsmith examen the gun. If they say no just pass there are lots of guns out there the kid won the 100,000.00 with a Browning but there is a quality difference and it is still the Indian not the arrow

10. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Buying a gun is like buying a car, TEST DRIVE FIRST !!

11. Animal

Animal Member

The 625 sporting clays is the exact same gun as the 625 golden clays without all of the gold "bling-bling" on it. The appearance of the sporting clays is identical to the golden clays and still has the silver nitrade finish with the gold inlayed browning buckmark, and at a much lower cost. I have the 625 32" sporting clays and love it. The five diamond chokes that come with it are a good bonus value. Dave S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bowning 625 sporting poi

browning 625 golden clays
browning 625 golden clays for sale
browning 625 golden clays sporting

browning 625 sporting

browning 625 sporting for sale
browning citori 625 golden clays
browning citori golden clays