1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Citori 20 guage

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by calilori, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calilori

calilori TS Member

0   0   0

For Sale: 20 guage Browning Citori with 28 inch barrel. It comes with the case, chokes and 2 additional Briley skeet and IC chokes. Less than 2500 rounds shot through it. $1100 for everything.

calilori_2008_0303.jpg

Additional photos available on request. Shoot me a private message for a phone number.

2. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Invector or Invector plus choke tubes?

3. calilori

calilori TS Member

0   0   0

Invector Plus. They are IC, Mod, and Full.

4. Animal

Animal Member

0   0   0

Did you change the stock, because it looks more like a Hunter than a lightening. Just curious.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

I agree, I do think Lightnings had a round knob. They had like 4 configurations of Sporting guns when they were trying to sort out the market those years.

Nice gun whatever it is.

HM

6. calilori

calilori TS Member

0   0   0

@ Hunter, you know, to be completely honest with you I'm not 100% sure. Sorry.

7. lightning20ga

lightning20ga Member

0   0   0

lightning r round knob

8. calilori

calilori TS Member

0   0   0

9. gunut54

gunut54 TS Member

0   0   0

but hunter models have the squared forend??

10. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Got $650. Which is about right for a 90% gun. Interested?

11. calilori

calilori TS Member

0   0   0

If that offer is for me, that's kind of insulting. We did our research and know what comparable guns are selling for. Especially since we have the Briley chokes and case in addition to the gun.

12. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

What would you take without the case and the Briley tubes? Check out blue book of gun values. Your gun appears to be a basic field hunting model. Only one picture but I can definitely see wear on the stock which I don't mind but it may only be 80 to 90 % at best. Did not mean to insult you.

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0

Can't see the rib, case is not Browning, you should show a pic of the lever position and/or breech face.

The pistol grip seems to have some finish off or the picture may be misleading.

Has the gun been refinished? A view of the checkering might be helpful.

All in all, you need to do a better job of selling if indeed your price is correct.

HM

14. Animal

Animal Member

0   0   0

Don't take this wrong, but if you did your research, as you said you did, you would know that this gun IS NOT a lightening. Maybe you are not a gun savvy person, and that’s okay. But it is not okay in the eyes of most serious gun buyers to incorrectly advertise the gun for something it is not, and then say "I’m not a 100% sure." Lightening’s typically command a higher price than the hunters, so I'm not 100% percent sure that your description was not an attempt at deception. If it's a simple mistake, edit your post and describe the gun as exactly what it is, which looks like a field grade hunter with grade I wood. You can look it up on the Browning web site and decode the serial number to identify exactly what your gun is and the year of manufacture. In addition, if necessary information and decent photos are not made available in the original post, I for one will not go searching for it by pm or email. This always sends up a RED flag as far as I'm concerned. I hope this information is helpful and I believe your original misinformation was indeed an honest oversight. And again, I did not mean anything in this reply to be disrespectful. Dave S

15. calilori

calilori TS Member

0   0   0

The gun belongs to my friend and when he bought it, he was told it was a Lightening. No, I'm not 100% sure because I do not know this type of gun. We have looked around and found exact duplicates of this gun in lesser condition for more money. I appreciate the advice and help. I'll edit the original post to reflect your advice.

16. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Brd Slyr.....that was a very nice and respectful response. Many people try to help others out and sometimes do not quite get it right as it need to be shown and advertised...most of us have been there at one time or another.

17. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

With The recentpost in mind you should consider my $650.' offer. No offense intended but probably all it is worth.

18. Ernroe

Ernroe Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I have seen this show before. The sharks are beginning to circle the best course for you is to pull the ad and relist it on Gun Broker and/or Guns America. Also, like someone said in their post call Browning and give them the serial number and get the facts on the gun.

Good luck,

Ernie

19. calilori

calilori TS Member

0   0   0

Thanks Ernie, I think you are right. I mistakenly thought since I have been on this forum and know so many people on this forum that I could avoid the BS, but apparently the "new" people on here deserve their reputations.

Mountainsteve, your offer doesn't even come close to being the best offer we've received. Real trapshooters don't try to take advantage of each other. Shame on you.

20. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

I apologize. Did not intend to take advantage or offend. I am new to this game and just going by Blue Book of Gun Values. I am far from being an expert on values. Again I apologize and hope you do well on your sale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning citori skeet 20 guage