1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Choke Tube Wrench Question...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rossi396, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rossi396

Rossi396 Member

Does anyone have both a standard Invector and Invector Plus Browning Choke Tube Wrench?

http://www.browningshop.com/category/shootingaccessories/choketubes/wrench

I received a wrench with my BT-99 (purchased as-new but used) and believe I may have received a standard wrench as it doesn't fit in my tubes. The slots that fit into the choke are too wide. I never really thought much of it when I received the gun. I figured it to be an honest mistake and I've had it too long to contact the seller now. If anyone can verify this is a "Standard" tube wrench and can use one, let me know..

Thanks,

Tony in Pittsburgh

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

The slots are different.

A friend bought a new Winchester Select Energy, came with an Invector wrench, not an Invector+/ He called Winchester customer service and had one in a few days. Give them a call.

Wayne

3. bob easton

bob easton TS Member

My recently purchased new BT-99 (manufactured 2011) came with a choke wrench in the form of a black stamped metal key. Nothing like those pictured at the link Tony offered. Looks like they're saving $$. I never bothered to try it because I bought one of the Speed wrenches some time ago.

The stamped key has a Browning logo on one side and "PLUS 12GA Japan" on the other. It's thickness is just right for the black Browning choke tube that was in the barrel. It's a little thinner than the notches in a similar Briley Invector Plus tube. It will probably do if you have nothing better, but I see it as a 1950s roller skate key. :)

--
    Bob

4. coveybuster

coveybuster Member

Tony,

The Standard Invector wrench says 12GA under the Browning Logo.

The Invector Plus wrench says 12GA+.

5. Rossi396

Rossi396 Member

Thanks, coveybuster:

That solved it and that's what I figured.. Does not have the "+."

Bob/Wayne:

Thanks. I've been using one of my Remington "T" wrenches and it works fine.

Tony

6. craby boy

craby boy TS Member

Tony
    My newer BT99 needs a T full tooth profile wrench,I use a beretta plastic T wrench to loosen the Browning supplied tubes, it was tight out of the box, I do clean it after each use.

Craby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.