1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Choke Tube Question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JRWolf, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRWolf

JRWolf TS Member

Trying to figure out the difference between the Briley Invector Plus choke tubes and the Browning Midas choke tubes. I need the Invector Plus for my Bt99 Plus. I have extra Brand New Midas chokes from my 525 just sitting on my loading bench. Someone please tell me the difference.

JR

2. tjcutter

tjcutter TS Member

I have been told that Briley makes the Midas tubes for browning

Tom

3. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

As far as I know Browning Midas chokes are only made in the Invector Plus threads for browning back-bored barrels. All Invector Plus choke tubes no matter who makes them should work in your BT-99. The only only difference between the Briley tubes and the Midas tubes would be the constriction, the Midas tubes will be a little tighter than the Briley Invector+. Wayne

4. JRWolf

JRWolf TS Member

Thanks guys, finally found a forum where this quetion was discussed and you both are correct. My Midas tubes will work just fine, I just need to pattern the gun and find out which one shoots best.

Thanks;

JR

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

willing to part with any of those extra chokes?

6. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Sounds like you may have figured it out, but you were confusing the style and the model. The gun requires invector plus tubes (style). Midas is one model of tube that comes in Invector Plus. There are lots. Stick with Briley or Browning. Pretty much same thing, though. Those Browning choke tubes are manufactured, not by Browning, but by Briley.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt 99 chokes tubes

browning bt 99 midas choke tubes