1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning B'way vs. Rem3200

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chatbrat, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chatbrat

chatbrat TS Member

What are the differences of these guns, which is better, parts etc.---plan and using the receiver,barrels & converting the trigger to a release/pull for a doubles gun---fit doesn't mean a thing since I'll be having custom stock & forearm made--thanx Phil ( or would I be better off buying a new SKB)

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Browning factory repairs are historically (if we're to believe what we read here) pretty slow while Pat Laib can take care of your 3200 quickly and well. Browning triggers are inertia operated meaning the second shot will not fire if the first one fails while the 3200 triggers are mechanicle meaning the second WILL fire if the first one fails. The 3200 is noted for it's "fast" triggers and can be tuned quite nicely by knowledgeable mechanics. Some dislike the wide rib of the B'way and some dislike the good sized receiver of the 3200. The 3200 has at least a propensity to crack wood but that can be protected against. The 3200 needs some updates if you expect to shoot multiple thousands of shells and those will help prevent damage to wood where it meets metal. I've had both and I'd prefer to return to the 3200 if I had to make that choice....breakemall....Bob Dodd

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I have owned and shot both. The Superposed Broadway is a better balanced, better machined, better fit and finish gun. As an ex tool & die maker, I was impressed with the machining on the Superposed, and aghast at the 3200. After about 1970, all Superposed had mechanical triggers (when they went back to long tang).

If you need work on the Broadway, sent it to MidWest Gunworks.

4. PA101_guy

PA101_guy TS Member

I've owned both and I'd choose the Superposed hands down. The fit, finish, checkering and overall quality is far superior to the 3200 and it just feels better to me. I liked my 3200 Special Trap and regret selling it......but I kept my 72 Broadway.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

1. The browning is easier to get repaired and has a more durable receiver, safety and trigger

2. You should be able to get the Browning at a good price --- demand for these is not high--- actually I think and a lot of people agree that the Citori is a better gun -- particurally for high volumne shooting but the older Supperposed has many of the same features that make the Citori a good gun

3. That is the key- dont pay too much for the browning

4. Why not go with a used Citori?

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. KRE

KRE TS Member

I've owned two 3200's and one 69 Broadway. The Browning is a better balanced gun for me, an I prefer the 5/8 rib on the Browning as well.

I sent the 3200's packing after shooting the Browning, that first time.

Kenneth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.