1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning Buckmark Reflex sight

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Loyac, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loyac

Loyac Member

Any opinions on the above sight? I was thinking of installing one on my Buckmark. Thanks. John

2. gotbass

gotbass Member

bump John go to rimfire central and ppost on their Browning section. Lots of experts there. Mike

3. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

I would stay away from the low priced (~$60) reflex sites. I had one that is very similar to that one on my Buckmark and returned it. I have no proof, but in looking at the ones in that price range, it sure looks like they are all made by the same manufacturer. Parallax was awful, reticle would go out after a few shots and I'd have to cycle the power or switch to a different reticle. It was not fun.

I'm now focusing on learning to shoot the iron sights (well, sort of - I added Williams Firesights to mine and they are really good for my old eyes).

If I end put putting a red dot on, it's going to be an UltraDot MatchDot II or UltraDot 6. I think this is one of those cases where you get what you pay for.

And I'll echo what Mike said - head on over to Rimfirecentral. I spend as much time there as I do here.

Larry

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Looks like a Tru-glow. I have one on my Sig 22 and it's worked fine.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    As soon as I pay for some tax stamps for a couple of suppressors, I plan to pick up a Leupold Delta-Point for my Buckmark. Not cheap, but they work. I'm looking at the amber triangle version, so I can put the POI on the point of the triangle. It also comes in a 3.5 MOA dot as well.

6. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Setterman - I had the TruGlow and got rid of it. Glad yours works - I must have got a bad one.

LMS

7. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I have a Tru Glow on a 9mm carbine and it works like a champ, never had a single problem with it.

Oscar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning buck mark reflex