1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hank55, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I have a question concerning the POI of a vintage BT99 (1972) that I sometimes shoot along with my BT100. I've been told that 99's shoot 60/40 while the 100's shoot 70/30. Yet, yesterday in a form someone said that the older 99's have a higher POI than the newer ones? Is the POI of the older 99's comparible to the 100's?

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My experience has been that my BTs (late 70s to early 90s) have shot fairly flat...

Jay

3. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

over the years i have owned 5 old style bt 99's pre 1976. everyone one of them i could have the bird sit on top of the bead, and the target would disaper. my friend had 2 bt 100's. i had to see daylight between the barrel and the target. obviously, alot depends on your individual type of shooting. but, i would have to say, in my case, the bt100 shot higher. just a personal note, if i could find a new in the box old style bt99, 34 inch full choke, i would take it over the bt100. my friend who has the 2 bt100's feels the same.
    steve balistreri

4. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I found that on my new BT99 (2008 model) that it shoots fairly flat with the full choke tube, but with an IM tube it shoots about 80/20. This is from a rest with the bead sitting right under the target and at 20 yards.

5. mike b.

mike b. Member

5spd : Your tube is misaligned (just don't know which one). Try another tube from a friend and see where it patterns. mb

6. 5spd

5spd TS Member

mike both tubes are the inv+, both browning tubes also. I have a carlson IM that I have not tried yet also.
    I plan to borrow some to test also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.