1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ihartm, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihartm

ihartm TS Member

Just finished shooting my friends BT-99 with GraCoil.
    If I was to purchase a new BT-99, what would the cost of adding th GraCoil to the gun and can it be done simply by myself or does a gunsmith need to add it?

The other thing I should ask, I shot his gun wth the adjustable comb flat, should I consider purchasing ahead time one with the adjustable comb(in another words to give me more options in the future) or simply stay with the standard comb since I shot fairly well with it. It pointed and shot where I wanted it to.
    He did have the $3500.00 gun.. would that make much a difference from the plain jane in shooting perfomance?
    Thanks for coments.

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I have that same gun for sale right now on another thread for 2295.00, a steal for the dollar spent.

bgriffith1@indy.rr.com

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

Don't have a dog in the fight but I had a Gracoil installed on my BT ( I am a firm believer in the old adage that a man who works on his own gun has a fool for a client) and I am VERY pleased with the outcome.

2ndly if deercreek has a golden clays for 2295.00 that is a great deal on a nice gun.

4. nailer123

nailer123 TS Member

check pm

5. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The plain jane will shoot exactly like the fancy Golden Clays model. I would have a gunsmith install the Gracoil. To have one installed should run you about $350.00 dollars. Tron on here charges that amount and does beautiful work. If you don't need the adjustable comb now you probably won't need it later. Combs can always be added later and the aftermarket combs are better than Brownings factory combs. Good luck.----Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.