1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT-99

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by salesrep, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salesrep

salesrep TS Member

Am looking at the Browning BT-99 and was looking for your thoughts on this
    gun.I am new to the trap game.Always shot skeet and have lots of skeet guns.
    Thanks,Norm

2. dverna

dverna Active Member

A fine gun to start with. I bit light but that can be fixed.

I got one for my gf and she loves it. We use 1 oz "weenie" loads and recoil does not bother her.

I just got here a PFS stock for her birthday.

Don

3. Bridger

Bridger Member

There's a reason this gun is still going strong after all these years. Takes a whole lot of shooting to wear one out. You can hardly go to any trap range and not see one. Most people will let you try theirs if you ask. I think recoil is quite light in them despite the fact its a fairly light gun. For a step up, look at the Grade 3 guns Browning is offering this year. It really is a very good gun and few of us benefit by owning anything more expensive.

4. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I shoot one and it is a reallt good gun. Cant say iv broken higher than a 96 with it but then that was my fault not the guns.

5. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Hi I have two BT-99 Golden clays guns. Believe me you can not buy a better gun for the money.The gun has been made since the early 1970s,an little has changed in the gun.I shoot a KX-5, but never gave up my BT-99. I shot the gun today, first time in weeks, an broke a 99 with it.Hope this helps you make the right choice Hank

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Just bought another BT through TS.com. Own 3... One is used as a "guest" gun for acquaintances, friends and family to use. Easy to learn with, comes with choke tubes and easy-in price point.

BTs shoot relatively flat. Offered by Browning for 45 years...

Jay

7. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

If the price is good you can,t go wrong . The BT-99 has been and will be the starter gun for years to come . It,s the Model-12 of the last ten years .

8. sammyd95

sammyd95 TS Member

laminate ss with adjustable stock,34"barrel !

9. oldsoul

oldsoul TS Member

What is your length of pull? I how much can you spend? I, like many of us, have guns for sale and you can not go wrong with a BT-99 as first gun. I say "first gun" because if you stay with the game, part of the game is the love of the guns and the desire to shoot, own and trade them.

Know you price range and ask people at your club if you can shoot their BT-99. You will not be denied often as we like to see new blood on the line.

Welcome, Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.