1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT-99

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by William Perry, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William Perry

William Perry Member

I plan on buying a new BT-99 grade III Saturday. I got a good price from a dealer in PA. I've been a skeet shooter for years, but got tired of the expense of 28/410's, even though
    i reload a lot. Plus trap shooting is fun. Question: 34 inch or 32 inch. Also what is everyones opinion of the newer BT-99's. I don't want one that has been shot a lot, so new is how i want to go since i got a great price.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

34" if for nothing else, resale. Seriously, get the 34" or you will regret not doing so. The real answer is whichever feels better to you. For a Trap singles gun the 34" swings better. Of course that is my opinion and observation. You'll find the vast majority use 34" barreled guns however there are guys who swear by the shorter faster swinging barrels too. Those Grade III BT 99's are sharp looking.

3. bonzai272

bonzai272 Member

I have a newer model BT-99 (2008 manufacture) and I love it. I would definitely recommend the 34" barrel, as stated, if for nothing else, better resale value. But Im 100% glad I chose the longer barrel. Awesome gun for the money and swings perfectly for me.

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

If you could find an older model 34 inch in excellent condition,I would consider that first. A BT99-MAX 34 would also be an excellent choice. I purchased a 34 BT99 MAX near new condition at the OHIO STATE shoot for $1350. They usually go for around $1800. for a nice one. I got lucky Clyde

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.