1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Browning BT-99 PLUS Stainless

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Bigjloree, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigjloree

Bigjloree TS Member

0   0   0

Hi! I am new here and I am just wondering if someone can tell me what I should ask for a gun. I have acquired a Used Browning BT-99 PLUS with a custom case, a stainless steel barrel and 6 stainless chokes that I believe say Invector. I am not sure if I want to sell it or not. I know its a Trap gun and it was my dads who has passed away. I am attaching a picture of the gun in its case. Please help me understand what I have here and what I should ask for it if I choose to sell it. Thanks everyone so much!
    bigjloree_2011_1005.jpg

bigjloree_2011_10051.jpg

bigjloree_2011_10052.jpg

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

0   0   0

Try a search on Bt99 and see what they're going for.Sales are tuff right now with economy etc.You can check present and past listings and get a rough idea.I'm sure one or more of the more up to date fella's will chime in ,I'm rather new myself,looking to buy more than sell,but economy has stifiled that a little also.

Doug H.

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

If it was your dad's, keep it, join a trap club and take it and SHOOT the living day lites out of it!!

Not knowing your family history, Thats what I would do. I still have my dads guns and they are in the hands of his grandkids now!

Gunbroker.com is probably the best place to see what "asking" prices are. If you need to sell it.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

look at the barrel and see if its 34" or 32"....32's dont bring as much...put the gun together and shoot a pic of the opening lever..if its got life left it should be off to the right..does the barrel fall open easy...all is stuff you'll be asked

5. twostraight

twostraight Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Saw one for $1700 on shotgun world a while back. Don't see many of these. I think the $1700 is about right, the above questions would be good information.

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

If I were you, and I'm not. I would not sell your fathers gun. It will be something best left to your children after you have gotten all the memories out of it in your twilight years. Now if you must sell it as said around $l,700 for the 34 inch barrel and 250-300 less for the 32 inch barrel. As I suggested do try to hold onto your fathers memories. Break-em all. Jeff

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

The "Plus" in stainless steel is a rare bird. I would say $2,000.00 PLUS retail.

8. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

0   0   0

First BT-99 stainless I've ever seen. Had a 99 Plus and still
    have a Citori Plus, but never saw a stainless one.
    I'd try and find out how many were built, but as others are
    telling, I'd hang onto it!
    Mike C.
    Groveland, CA

9. BZ-99

BZ-99 TS Member

0   0   0

I bought one last year for $2,300.00 from Jaquas. Very rare. Do not sell it!
    Shoot it! It will return more money in the future than the stock market. Be sure to grease the hinges good before every use. Bob.

10. Bigjloree

Bigjloree TS Member

0   0   0

Hi guys, First off I want to thank everyone for their advice. A lot of you are saying the same thing as many people here are telling me, "Keep It". The problem with that is that my fathers collection of guns was large. Some of them were my grandfathers which were handed down to him and now to me. Those are the ones I am never going to let go of. Some of the guns I just don't know anything about and shooting Trap is not popular around me and something I don't find interest in. This is not a promise I will sell it, but I also have a Browning "sweet Sixteen", a Model 12 12 gauge, a Winchester 1300 XTR, a Remington 11-87 Special Purpose, and many more. I will try and figure out how to assemble this gun and take better pictures and also barrel length. Again, I appreciate all the help and input guys.

11. Bigjloree

Bigjloree TS Member

0   0   0

here are some pics of the gun and where it breaks over. It is a 34 Invector barrel. I feel very stupid now after I put the gun together. I had no idea how easy it went together. Wow, very easy to assemble and take apart. Hope these pics help. Also, the gun is very well greased at the hinges.
    bigjloree_2011_10053.jpg

bigjloree_2011_10054.jpg

bigjloree_2011_10055.jpg

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Grease looks dirty to me. Grease can hold pieces of powder, metal and dust and wear grooves in the metal when not changed often. The gun should be cleaned very good and re-lubed. I do it every day i shoot it. Just say'n...........

Good luck with your sale. It is a beautiful gun.

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I'll give you $1500 and live with what I get. Ask the others to give you an offer.

Jack

14. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

0   0   0

Don't have a bird in the hunt, BUT if you truly have no interest in owning/shooting it I'd sell it and put the money to good use in a way to honor you father. I.E college education for your kids etc... I have seen many times a treasure in someone's eye is junk in another eye but out of guilt, respect, love whatever the stuff just sits and collects dust and no one benefits. Having said all that if you do have interest in shooting it WOW what a great gun.

15. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

0   0   0

That is easily worth 2K with the case. Don't be tempted for anything less.

16. shotgun1957

shotgun1957 TS Member

0   0   0

17. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

0   0   0

I sold my for $1500 it was in excellent shape! I wish I would have
    Kept it.

18. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

After looking at your new pix's with the metal gun case. Yes, I would start the bidding at $2,000 as well. I too agree that you should keep your grandfather/father hand me down guns. While it may seem like a good idea now to sell, wait and see how you feel in a year or 5 even. Life has a way of changing. It always does, and we change with it. Once its gone its gone "forever" and you'll never get it back. Break-em all. Jeff

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Yeah. Start the bidding at 2 grand. Good idea. I shoulda thought of that.

I love it when guys that do not want something tell you what it is worth.

20. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

I love it when people try to "cherry pick" guns off of the forum for less than what they are worth, then they turn around and offer them for sale for a $400 or $500 profit (or even more)! Who is kidding who?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt 99 plus

browning bt 99 plus for sale

browning bt 99 plus stainless

browning bt-99 plus

browning bt-99 plus for sale

bt 99 plus

bt 99 plus for sale
bt-99 plus